RECIPE: Glycemic Index ('The Glucose Revolution')

CookieJuly 8, 2001

Has anyone read this book by Jean Carper? What is your opinion on the glycemic index and how it works? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
darlene_87_yahoo_com

I have not read the book, but have followed the glycemic index for about 8 yrs. now, and my blood sugar is in excellent control by diet alone. Jean Carper also has a lot of valuable info in her other books.

Bookmark   July 10, 2001 at 4:15AM
darlene87

You can get the Glycemic Indes of foods on a search engine. Using that has helped me keep diabetes in excellent control for 5 yrs.

Bookmark   September 8, 2001 at 7:15PM
Debelli_AOL_com

I've been following SUGAR BUSTERS for almost 1 1/2 years now, reached my goal weight on June 10th, 2001, lost 70lbs. I truly believe, for me, that going low GI was the best thing I could of ever done, not only do I pay attention to low GI foods, but cutting out all the sugars and refined foods made a big impact on the way I felt. I'm in better shape at (almost) 40 than I was in elementary school.

I just picked up the GLUCOSE REVOLUTION LIFE PLAN, but haven't had the chance to read it yet.

If you need any recipes, we have some great ones posted on our SB SUPPORT BOARDS, the link is below!

GOOD LUCK!

Debbie

Here is a link that might be useful: SUGAR BUSTERS SUPPORT BOARDS on the 3FC'S SITE

Bookmark   September 17, 2001 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Looking for Hunza Bread recipe
If anyone has a copy of this recipe, could you please...
Jacira
LOOKING for: yeast-free and dairy-free bread
I'm allergic to yeast and lactose-intolerant AND I...
Jane
RECIPE: cooking/baking with xylitol
Unfortunately, I like sweet things- dessert type. I...
ilmbg
LOOKING for: recipes for after jaw surgery
my brother just had jaw surgery and is on a liquid...
laura198
LOOKING for: Under 100 calerie snacks
Do you have any great recipes for under 100 caleries?...
uniqcrafts2000
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™