Adding flavoring to liquid soap

marie26July 12, 2006

I am a regular on a few other forums on this site but I have never been to this particular forum. I've never made soap but I do have a question I hope someone can answer.

I purchase soft soap in the large containers at Costco. But they only come unscented. I like the melon-flavored soft soap that is available in the small bottles that shows a watermelon on the front.

Is there a melon flavoring that I can add to my large container? What is it called, where would I purchase it and how much would I add?

Thank you for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

There are lots of "melon" fragrances, cantaloupe, watermelon, muskmelon, and just plain melon, as well as various blends with other fruits, etc.

Check the list linked below. These fragrances are supposed to all be safe for use with soaps, etc., but just to be sure, find one that says "soap safe," "safe for soaps and lotions," Safe for soaps & bath/body products," "skin safe" or something similar.

As to how much to add, it depends on the quality of the fragrance you buy, and how much soap you are adding it to.
I'd start by putting a portion of your large container of soap into a smaller container, then adding fragrance a bit at a time until you get it the strength you like. Just be sure to keep track of how much you have added so you can duplicate it later.

And look for instructions/suggestions on the site that you buy the fragrance from on how much to add. The reliable sites have lots of good information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fragrance Finder

Bookmark   July 12, 2006 at 12:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie26

Thank you for the link. I will have to go through it thoroughly tonight.

Bookmark   July 12, 2006 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
Hot process soap is soft
It's a beautiful soap but it is soft just out of the...
jbander
Adhesion problems when making candles
Ive tried all the different things that I have read...
BGlowik
making candles from old wax?
I am sure many have done this already. Few questions....
bertman_gw
Catalytic Effusion Lamp
Anyone know what these are? I have just bought one...
leearnold
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™