Singer 6038 needle thread tension dial

Mike405October 8, 2005

Help please. I have a Singer 6038 sewing machine and the kids took off the needle thread tension dial and I'm not sure how it goes back on. There are 4 metal clips, a spring and the dial itself. I'm just not sure in which order the 4 metal clips go back in there and which way they need to face. I have the instruction book but it doesn't have any information on how this goes back together. If anyone knows how they go on or has a good repair diagram link please let me know. I really don't want to take the machine to the repair place just to pay someone money to screw the knob back on.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

I think there's more to it than just screwing it back on.It's gonna have to be reset.So your best bet is to take it to the shop!!!
Sounds like a talk with the kids should happen also,they need to learn not to touch your machine unless you're in the room or have given them permission to do so.All of my kids and grand kids know that my machines are off limits to them,as are my scissors and numerous other things in my sewing room.
Good luck,hope they can get it fixed in a timely manner and without too much cost.
Kathi

Bookmark   October 9, 2005 at 3:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

SO Mike405 did you get that tension fixed??
Kathi

Bookmark   October 15, 2005 at 2:52PM
More Discussions
sewing curtain that has print on one side
I wanted to make curtain that have the print side on...
tropical_thought
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
Singer Inspiration 4210 Feed Dogs do not move
I have a new Singer Inspiration 4210 that I bought...
MaterialGirl47
Keeping the tredal cabinet, swapping the machine (does not fit)
We have an Eldredge treadle machine and it's rusty...
archangel2003
Cost estimate to shorten two curtains
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have...
vithdude
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™