oil absorbtion

busylizzyJuly 4, 2007

I have been making 2 therapeutic creams for hands , cuts rashes etc for who knows how long. these recipes use wheat germ oil, so a pretty good shelf life for them, that is the only preservative and they use little water.

Some friends don't like the odor of the wheat germ, but they admit it does work.

Anyway, I really like the Shea butter and made some whipped Shea with grapeseed oil, glycerin and Eo's, no water.

I thought this combo would be a nice summer mousse and quickly absorbed. I understand john Q public is not accustom to true natural creams where the first ingredient is not water. But I would like to concot a moosse that absorbs as quick as store bought creams. I read somewhere about cornstarch removes that oil feeling, has anyone ever tried that? I really don't want to add a chemical mold retardent and want that quick as alcohol absorbtion.

Anyone have suggestions?

thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent

I have dabbled in experimenting with hand cream and lotion bars and I do not consider myself knowledgeable at all in this area, but when I have added the corn starch, I did notice that it diminished the greasyness of the experiment .

hth

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Mega melter
I am selling my Mega Melter. I used to sell at shows...
Beth1803
making candles from old wax?
I am sure many have done this already. Few questions....
bertman_gw
No throw soy candles - FRUSTRATED!
I've gone out and bought all of the correct equipment...
milehighcc
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Can I make soap using lotion?
Does anyone know if I can use hand lotion to make soap?...
maisienell
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™