Looking for lavender

JoC__SCJune 13, 2003

I am looking for a good source for lavender. Can anyone help?

Jo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hazel_SC

Frontier herb has good lavender (that's what alot of the health food places carry). They are a co-op & you have to join, I think. (Had their catalog, but got rid of it a few cleanings out ago)
Also, San fransisco Herb, BUT make sure you get lavender # 1, not 2. Supposedly there is only a "color" difference, but after getting # 2 once, I think it's a lesser "quality", doesn't seem to smell as good.
They have an east coast division, Atlantic spice, in MA, but if you order from them everything has to be in 1 lb incriments. If you order from San fransisco herb in CA, alot of stuff you can get in 4 oz sizes.
(depending on what you are doing with it you might want only 4 oz, as it's about a quart size ziploc bag full. a full pound is a very full gallon size bag, possibly a bit more, but only size i can think of at the moment.)

Hazel

Bookmark   June 13, 2003 at 12:15PM
grinch_gut

I wish I had known....I just cut my lavendor would have been more then happy to mail you some...not sure what the quality you would consider it but would have been happy to share.....If by chance I get a second cutting....email me your addy i will save it and dry and mail you some lavendor...next year I should have more as I planted 3 more plants this year....Stacy

Bookmark   July 1, 2003 at 2:55AM
jaybird

pelindaba.com

Bookmark   August 14, 2003 at 5:12PM
bearybubbly

If you are East of the Mississippi you can use Atlantic Spice which is the sister company to San Francisco Herb. Same stuff just less shipping cost. As for the #2 lavender I have used that for years and it is beautiful and I have had both. But that is just my opinion. As for price I think Atlantic or SFherb have the best prices.

Bookmark   August 21, 2003 at 7:49PM
Hazel_SC

If you are looking for smaller quantities, SF herb does SOME things in 4 oz or ½lb sizes, Atlantic spice only has full 1 lb packages of everything. May work out about the same with the shipping difference, but I hate to waste the product if I don't need a full pound.

hazel

Bookmark   August 21, 2003 at 11:27PM
JoC__SC

Thanks everyone. I ordered from Atlantic Spice. The lavender smells great, but so does everything stored in the box with it!
Jo

Bookmark   August 22, 2003 at 8:29AM
More Discussions
Hot process soap is soft
It's a beautiful soap but it is soft just out of the...
jbander
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
Perfume for fragrance?
Hi there, Would anyone please be able to tell me if...
Littlek18
Catalytic Effusion Lamp
Anyone know what these are? I have just bought one...
leearnold
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Sponsored Products
Honeyed Plank Wall Rack
$104.99 | Dot & Bo
Hampton Bay Lamps Duval 27.75 in. Weathered White Table Lamp HDP11232
$64.97 | Home Depot
Mies van der Rohe: Exhibition Bench: Barcelona 2-seater Bench Reproduction
Modern Classics Furniture
Lodge stripe wool throw - gray/natural
Origin Crafts
Design Toscano Kalahari Meerkat Statues - Into Hole - QL57082
$27.90 | Hayneedle