Hi, I'm new

southernsurfergirlJune 23, 2007

Hi, my name is Surfer and I've been following this forum for awhile. I think that making my own soap sounds really cool. My town has a weekly farmer's market where I can get fresh honey and other ingredients. I have become interested in making lotions and body scrubs.

~Surfer~

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent

Hi Surfer Girl,

Welcome.

The postings here are sporatic at best, but everyone here seems to be friendly.

I make cold processed soap and will help if I can. I, myself, come here once in a while to check on follow ups to posts I have answered, but these are disappointingly few.

If you venture into the cold processed soap relm, then research all ingredients that you are considering putting into the soap; honey and milk are ones that you might not want to start with, these will cause problems, like overheating and ruin your soap.

Have fun and welcome.

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 3:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara-s

Hi, welcome to the board. I make melt-n-pour soaps, as well as lotions & scrubs. I gather that honey can be a problem in cold process soaps, but it works just fine in melt-n-pour. I use 1 tbl. to 4 oz (weight) of soap. I also add a tsp. of beeswax. For some fun recipes, try Brambleberry.com. That's where I learned how to make lotion bars. Also, I like their supplies.

Bookmark   June 30, 2007 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
First time candle making, some advice please?
So I'm making candles for Christmas presents this year...
Cashmina
Removing soda ash from homemade soap
I have been making cold process soap for about 4 years...
bsnyder
No throw soy candles - FRUSTRATED!
I've gone out and bought all of the correct equipment...
milehighcc
candle luminaries
I'm attempting to make candle luminaries by pouring...
eventgal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™