Soap color question

sristonMay 24, 2003

I know Hazel still reads this forum, so I figured I'd post this here. I have a customer who wants an off-white soap. The fragrances she wants her soap in do not contain vanilla, so I know the fragrance oil will not make the soap off white. I only have the basic colors in coloring (red, blue, yellow, green). Do you by any chance know how I can get an off-white color (like an ivory color)? Thanks.

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hazel_SC

Susan,
If you are pouring with clear M&P, no clue.
However, if you are using white M&P base, what I do to get an "off white" color is to add yellow coloring, VERY tiny amounts at a time. I don't know if you use soap dye or food coloring. If it's soap dye (I use LOP, in the small bottles from Micheals) I squeeze a tiny drop right to the tip of the bottle, barely sticking out at the tip, then lightly tap the bottle to get it to drop off. If it gets too yellow, you can just add more white base to adjust the color. (I also use white & clear base together to vary the colors)

If it's food coloring, I don't know the exact method, but probably something similar, just a TOUCH of yellow added to white base.

Glad to see there's someone else who still pops in here! Was beginning to think it was just Heather & I left poking around here!!
Whats everyone been doing?

Hazel

Bookmark   May 24, 2003 at 1:28PM
sriston

Thanks Hazel! I knew you'd have an answer- you are such a wealth of information! I appreciate it.
Susan

Bookmark   May 24, 2003 at 2:50PM
CraftyGirl75

Susan-

Another idea - but not sure if it would be worth it to you is candlesandsupplies.com. They have brown dye. It's very strong, so I usually drop a teeny tiny drop in a seperate container, then add a drop or two of yellow. That might give you the color you need.

Heather

Bookmark   May 27, 2003 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
making candles from old wax?
I am sure many have done this already. Few questions....
bertman_gw
Where to get pretty soap labels?
Hi, I was wondering where I could get some pretty soap...
sillymesillyne
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
Mega melter
I am selling my Mega Melter. I used to sell at shows...
Beth1803
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
Sponsored Products
Turbulence Cleo 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Fun Time Wall Clock by David Scherer
$260.95 | Bellacor
Live Summer Camellia Tree
$49.99 | zulily
Rose Craftsman Sconce
Lightology
Dainolite Polished Chrome Three-Light Island Light
$390.00 | LuxeDecor