RECIPE: Gluten/Wheat/Yeast/Sugar free recipe suggestions

susqtFebruary 15, 2006

I am newly married and my husband has food allergies. He is restricted from refined sugar, wheat & yeast. I would like to cook healthy, delicious foods for us but am from Minnesota and only know mid-western cooking. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
darlene87

You can go to Celiac.com and get recipes but they will have sugar, substitute honey or other. I do not use artifical sweetners myself. Or you can type in that specific restriction, like wheat sugar yeast free recipes in search window and get recipes. Go to Pecanbread.com and get some recipes. I am on a special diet for the colon, and cannot use grains, sugar, yeast. So I am on the Specified Carbohydrate Diet for it, and am doing fine. Type that in search window and get more info. Or go to Amazon. com and type in Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall and read the reviews. Or type in Specified Carbohydrate Diet recipes in your search window and get recipes. Or email me, and I can help. I have lots of recipes and helps. I also am from Minn. 47 yr. ago....so know how they eat there. My siblings all live there still.
Darlene

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 6:00PM
tulips

Thanks, Darlene. Your email is very helpful. I will check out the websites you suggested and send you an email if I get derailed.

Many blessings to you!

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 10:40PM
mariend

If you have a good health food store they can help along with the Health food section of your local market. If you have a 7th Adventist Church in your area, contact the Pastor and see if they have any cooking schools. The Adventist have a ton of information avaiable because many of the people choose not to eat wheat/sugar etc. Check any Asian markets for rice flour etc. Cooks.com has receipes avaiable also. I have several cookbooks from people that have these receipes and may be able to help you if you wish.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 5:37PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: looking for: gluten free cookie recipes (no nuts)
I hope I'm posting this in the right place; I also...
missemerald
LOOKING for: Under 100 calerie snacks
Do you have any great recipes for under 100 caleries?...
uniqcrafts2000
LOOKING for: Yeast Free Breads (Pita bread, flatbreads, etc.)
I'm allergic to yeast and am looking for recipes for...
Tammy Conolly
RECIPE: Lactose free lasagna recipe
Looking for one for my lactose-sensitive son. I have...
jewelisfabulous
RECIPE: Low Carb Diet
I really need your help. I was told to get on a low...
rabbit8
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™