Report from first craft show

magimayApril 5, 2003

Well, I'm back from my first craft show. I must say that while it was a great experience, was disapointed in the crowd. It was a small, church group craft show and I dont think they advertised well enough, but I am grateful for the experience.

I made a little money - about three times the booth fee, which I guess is okay. Everyone said my presentation was wonderful, very professional looking. tomorrow I will fiddle around with the pictures I took and post them for ya'll to see and comment on.

I think the weather (cloudy in the a.m. and raining in the afternoon) might have had an effect on the crowds as well.

So, all in all, I'm glad its over and now I can relax. I don't feel compelled to soap, soap, soap, soap, soap, which is what I've been doing for weeks now. I have lots of stuff left over for the next show - which won't be for a while!

Magi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debikm

Sounds like fun Magi, even if attendance was a bit light. I have yet to get my soap 'perfected' enough to try a craft fair, but someday I might. As much money as I've spent on supplies, I should try.
Making back your booth fee is a good thing. I split a booth with a friend of mine a long time ago and made exactly 5 dollars-- nowhere near what I paid for the space. And it was a busy even too. I think I might be a little jealous;-)
Glad it went well,
Debi

Bookmark   April 5, 2003 at 7:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tanner2135

Congrats, Magi! For a show that's not well advertised, 3 times the booth fee is great!

Please post the pictures!

=)
Andrea

Bookmark   April 5, 2003 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
Adding oils to rebatch
Can anyone tell me if when I rebatch soap, can I add...
Edna Nelson
Can I make soap using lotion?
Does anyone know if I can use hand lotion to make soap?...
maisienell
FO's and EO's suppliers that you love?
Hi, I make glycerin soaps for gifts and sell a few....
reneea
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
New pouring/melting pot discoloration
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and candle making. I...
BeHappy1
Sponsored Products
McKinley Credenza with Glass Doors
Zuri Furniture
Cloud Pendant by David Trubridge Design
$11,610.00 | Lumens
Trackdot Luggage Tracker
$69.95 | FRONTGATE
Botanical Table Numbers
| Dot & Bo
Buddy Products File Boxes 9-Pocket Data Rack 0806-6
$93.90 | Home Depot