RECIPE: Low carb?

lindacJanuary 2, 2004

low fat is old had in the continuing diet craze....how about some low carb recipes and hints?

I'll start!

For that something sweet craving...

Make a package of no sugar Jello of your choice ( I know!!...I never said it was delicious!)...mix 2 teapsoons of powdered egg white with 2 T. water and while the jello is becoming partially set.....whip to peaks.....add the partially set jello and beat to a froth....add 1/4 cup whipping cream and continue to whipuntil more than doubled in size.....chill and pretend it's ice cream!

Linda C

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kim_okla

Chocolate mousse

2 small cartons of whipping cream
1 small box instant sugar free jello chocolate pudding
1 regular block of cream cheese
about 1/2 cup cold water

I add sliced almonds or pecans on each serving.

Bookmark   January 9, 2004 at 3:48PM
nedragz4

I'm going to try that recipe for jello with the powdered egg-whites. Even though I'm doing Atkins, don't want to get carried away with the fat. I'm always looking for lo-carb recipes.

I purchased 3 cans of the "DEB EL" just whites, they are 100% dried egg whites, fat free, sugar free and delicious. They were on sale for 1.00/can, that's 57 egg whites each.

I have used them for bacon, sausage, cheese Quiches or just plain omelets. I do however, add a fresh egg or two in with the whites (don't have to). You do need to let the powder dissolve in warm water a few minutes, then beat with a whisk.

Dee from MN

Bookmark   January 11, 2004 at 5:04PM
teri2

I had this last night and it was very good. It's from lowcarbfriends.com

MY BEEF STROGANHOFF (sic) by Kitryn Ellis
1 lb ground beef
1 pint sour cream
1 small onion rough chopped
1 large can or 12 fresh mushrooms sliced
1 tsp black pepper
3 beef boullion cubes
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
salt to taste

Brown beef with salt and pepper, add onion and mushrooms until soft, over low heat stir in sour cream and blend until smooth. Add boullion until dissolved, then add worchestershire. Blend until mixed and heated through. No need to serve over anything. Good just from the bowl!!

Cooks notes - I made a vegetarian version using Morningstar Farms crumbles, Angostura worchestershire, and Telma beef flavor stock cubes. I added some tofu chunks - not enough as it turned out. A couple of cups would be about right.

Teri

Bookmark   January 19, 2004 at 3:46PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Low Carb Diet
I really need your help. I was told to get on a low...
rabbit8
LOOKING for: Yeast Free Breads (Pita bread, flatbreads, etc.)
I'm allergic to yeast and am looking for recipes for...
Tammy Conolly
RECIPE: bread spread recipe for diabetic
My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes, high...
marricgardens
LOOKING for: article in either womans world or first magazine
You were required to eat 1200 calories with several...
wishingsoon
RECIPE: Tyramine free diet
does anyone know of any tyramine free recipes, been...
cass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™