LOOKING for: dialysis

springer_momJanuary 15, 2011

Please if anyone can help. My Hubby has to be on dialysis the rest of his life. I don't know what to cook for him. He wants everything he is not supposed to have. thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patty2430

I know this is very hard for you. Has he started dialysis recently? Do you have a nutritionist on staff at the dialysis center? She should be able to help you. My FIL just started dialysis also....we have picked up recipes from davita.com kidney.org also look at the Mrs. Dash website. They offer many kinds of seasonings that are all sodium free, which is important. If you feel completely blindsided by all this, you're not alone. Make sure your husband's doctor knows you need assistance and information!

Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 9:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
1JanetH

Hi, I'm a hemo dialysis patient and we use the NxStage system at home. I've been on it now for about 2 years. I can eat most anything I want in moderation. I have lots of recipes if anyone is interested. My dieticians have given me a few cookbooks with great ideas.

If your loved one/you do hemo in center, your diet may be different. But these recipes are still good for you as well. Be sure to take binders as directed by your physician and any and all vitamins prescribed. Vitamins over the counter are not good for dialysis patients as they have more things that we don't need in our systems.

Anything else, or if you want recipes, just email me directly with "Dialysis Recipes" as the subject.

Thanks and God bless!
Janet

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 1:34PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Looking for Hunza Bread recipe
If anyone has a copy of this recipe, could you please...
Jacira
RECIPE: why do diabetic desserts have all that sugar?
My DH was diagnosed with diabetes about4-5 years ago....
kennebunker
LOOKING for: sodium in canned foods
My DH has recently been diagnosed a diabetic and he...
marricgardens
looking for: acid reflux/heartburn
I was just diagnosed with Acid Reflux. Is there a special...
cherryfizz
RECIPE: sodium-free dill pickles
SODIUM FREE-REFRIGERATOR SPICED DILL PICKLES What you...
futurepriest1985
Sponsored Products
Always Looking Up Art Print
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
Lucky Metallic Wallpaper R1490, sample
Walls Republic
Amelia Queen Fabric Bed Frame in Beige
$549.00 | LexMod
Safavieh Area Rug: Anatolia Sand/Sand 6' x 9'
Home Depot
Heirloom Polished Nickel One-Light 11-Foot Cord Pendant with Small Straight Meta
$440.00 | Bellacor
Sasha Eight-Piece Comforter Set
$59.99 | zulily
Calhoun Leather Sofa - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Tokyo Leather Sectional
Opulent Items
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™