label question

sristonMarch 15, 2003

I am working on making some labels. I have Paint Shop Pro 7. I have the background picture I want, but I would like to tone it down. The colors in it are not bright colors,(it is mostly a "green" scene) but they overpower the text. Even using white text, the text seems to be "lost" in the picture. Is there any way I can soften the colors of this picture without losing the quality of the photo? I tried the "soften" option( I think that was what it was called), but it seemed to blur the picture and I don't want a blurry picture. I appreciate any suggestions.

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stace14

There's a couple of options. I don't have paint shop pro, but have used other software. Some have a "watermark" option that allows you to convert and image to a watermark and it automatically mutes the colors for you. You could also try adjusting the contrast on the image to "lighten" it up, thereby muting the colors some. How detailed is the picture? You can always resort to recoloring it yourself.

Bookmark   March 17, 2003 at 5:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sriston

Thanks, stace. I couldn't figure out the watermark thing (PSP does have that option) but I was able to adjust the contrast and get the lightness I wanted but still the quality of the picture. Thanks a bunch for your help- I would have never thought of either of those things!
Susan

Bookmark   March 19, 2003 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
wax fruit
Hi! New here. I am new to candle making, and I was...
basil45
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
making candles from old wax?
I am sure many have done this already. Few questions....
bertman_gw
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Sponsored Products
Oopsy Daisy "A" Striped Monogram Kids Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Cross Extension Table
Design Within Reach
Fire Burst Media Stand
$199.99 | Dot & Bo
Copper Small Storage Basket
$13.99 | zulily
Twin Quilt 66" x 86" - TURQUOISE
$155.00 | Horchow