Timtex alternatives

darndogsSeptember 6, 2007

I'm looking for alternatives to the heavy interfacing used in bowls, purses, etc. I know thtere are others out there besides Timtex - does anyone know what they are called?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here are a few that I'm aware of:

Pellon makes a product called Peltex that comes in various weights and varieties: sew-in, fusible on one side, fusible on both sides.

Fast2Fuse and Stiff Stuff are additional stabilizers used in fabric bowls.

See Quilting Warehouse (link at bottom of post) for a source for Timtex, Peltex, Fast2Fuse and Stiff Stuff products.

I've also heard that some sewists use Floriani Stitch N Shape.



Here is a link that might be useful: Heavy sabilizers at Quilting Warehouse online store

    Bookmark   September 10, 2007 at 4:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have used steam-a-seam doing bowls and it works very well.


    Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 9:41AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Can you tell me if this will work?
Since I have been socked in for four days now, have...
Great show...fit2stitch
I just started watching fit 2 stitch with Peggy Sagers...
Annie Deighnaugh
Can I add another layer to drapes?
Howdy folks! I came across a GREAT deal at a resale...
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™