trying to identify a fabric

sarrerabSeptember 18, 2011

HELP! I need to purchase a particular fabric, but I don't know what to call it or where to look for it. It is most likely a satin of sorts, definitely shiny and of that weight. But, it is gathered in diamond shapes where it creates a repetitive diamond type pattern that is no more than about 1/2" across. I have seen it used in bodices on formal attire. The fabric is made this way, it is not specially gathered or something. Anyone have any idea what this is or what it might be called?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm pretty sure the effect is called honeycomb smocking, and that you'll have to do it yourself.

It could also be pintuck taffeta.

Here is a link that might be useful: Honeycomb smocking tutorial

    Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 1:22AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Small washcloths
I am fussy about big terrycloth washcloths that are...
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
Cost estimate to shorten two curtains
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have...
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™