Soap Swap - Sign up here

CraftyGirl75March 12, 2003

Ok, so far we have:

me (tarara, aka Tara)

magimay (aka Magi)

sriston (aka Susan)

CraftyGirl75 (aka Heather)

Let's follow Magi's suggestions and do three items each sent to one other member.

You are in charge Tara - set the deadline to sign up date, and let us know the deadline that items must leave our house by. Will you e-mail us with the person we send to and their address? Or how does that work?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tararara

Thanks for the new thread, Heather!

Ok, deadline to join the swap is next Weds 3/17. For those that haven't read the other thread, we're each making three items to send to another member of the board (i.e. a couple bars of soap and some bath salts or a bar of soap, a bath bomb and some lotion - you get the idea...) This is just for fun, to check out what others are doing, to get to know each other, to get feedback on our stuff, etc.

If you want to play, kindly email me your address (tara@drizzle.com) and I will shuffle everyone around and email you back with your recipient's name/address (unless someone has a better idea re: logistics??)

And, let's say two weeks for making stuff? Does that sound reasonable to everyone? That means your goodies must be in the mail by April 1st (no April Foolsday jokes!!)

Bookmark   March 12, 2003 at 5:03PM
magimay

I'm game, but you already know that! Tara, your idea is perfect - exactly what I had in mind.

Magi

Bookmark   March 12, 2003 at 8:28PM
Hazel_SC

I think 3/17 is a monday, not a wednesday....

Hazel

Bookmark   March 12, 2003 at 9:03PM
sriston

Sounds good to me.
Susan

Bookmark   March 13, 2003 at 8:41AM
tararara

Thanks to Hazel for reminding me that I can't read a calendar (or count, it would seem). Sheesh. Weds the 19th is the cutoff, not Monday the 17th... :)

Bookmark   March 13, 2003 at 11:23AM
CraftyGirl75

Bumping this back up to the top. Come on guys - sign up. I guess this is pointless if you've directly e-mailed Tara. What's the count Tara?

Bookmark   March 17, 2003 at 11:41AM
tararara

Nobody new to add to the count... Just the four of us (and, I still need Susan's contact info - email me, please!!).

Four is fine, but more would be merrier! It will be fun! Join up! Weds was/is the deadline...

Bookmark   March 17, 2003 at 1:26PM
BeckyJo_OH

I have been trying to find something special to make, and with success!! I would be happy to participate. :) Becky

Bookmark   March 17, 2003 at 3:45PM
Hazel_SC

Let me know if y'all ever decide to do a "group" swap...you know I send 1 person 6 of something & get 6 different back.
(I'm nosy-I like to see what a bunch of people are doing! LOL!!)

Plus if I'm pouring I'd rather do a bunch than 1.........but that's what I'm used to doing.....

Hazel

Bookmark   March 17, 2003 at 4:41PM
tararara

Hazel: That's the kind of swap I'm doing on Handcraftedsoap.org right now... It's more work for the coordinator, but it should be fun to get a bunch of bars back. Now, if I could just quit being such a perfectionist and decide something is good enough to share, I could actually mail mine off! Argh!

Methinks Hazel should play anyway... Please Hazel? Pretty please?

Bookmark   March 17, 2003 at 7:30PM
magimay

For all of those who don't do anything but soap, join anyway! three bars of soap are fine - don't be intimidated by others who have branched out into other things. It just might inspire you to branch out too. I, personally, love getting new soaps. Would be happy with just that!
Magi

Bookmark   March 17, 2003 at 10:10PM
CraftyGirl75

I would rather do that too Hazel. But we got nowhere with that back in November. I figured if I ever wanted to participate in a swap I better do this one now. I'll do the next swap and be the coordinator. Would anyone be interested in that down the road? Say a month from now?

I think Hazel should participate too. C'mon Hazel, you have to have something in stock. Just grab it and send it!

Heather

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 7:14AM
BuffyC

May I please sign up for the swap?
Thanks,
Carolyn

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 9:45AM
Hazel_SC

I just got a couple orders from the web site & have to pour some soap, so add me to the list......I'll probably just be sending 3 soaps, or maybe 2 soaps & a lotion.........

Hazel

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 10:22AM
CraftyGirl75

Has anyone heard from Jill? She might want to join. I think her posting benefit may have expired. Jill - I know you're readng - e-mail someone if you want to join. I know you want those other kinds of bath products!

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 10:36AM
tararara

Hazel and Carolyn: Welcome to the Swap! Yay! All you need to do is email me your contact info (full name and address. I promise I'm not a stalker:))

Tomorrow is the cutoff for new swappers - anybody on the fence about joining, fall off the fence into the swap!! I'll wait until Thursday to divvy up names...

BTW, I finally made soap for the other swap I'm in! I might see if I can borrow my mom's digital camera and show you the soap that I finally deem worthy of swapping!

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 11:12AM
More Discussions
Removing soda ash from homemade soap
I have been making cold process soap for about 4 years...
bsnyder
Why does my soy candle turn color during burn?
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong in the...
HVC2014
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
Help with Candle making Please
Hi I'm new to candle making and I had bought a candle...
Bullyscents
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™