question for Hazel

sandra_dMarch 18, 2003

Hi Hazel, I have a question for you. Have you ever had anyone complain that your soap was drying & if so, how did you fix it? My daughter says the m&p I made for her dries out her skin. Do you add anything like oils or butters to moisturize? Is goat's milk soap better for this problem?

Thanks & hoping you can help, Sandra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hazel_SC

No,I've gotten nothing but complements on the soap. Where did you get your base? and what oils?
Glycerin is a natural humectrant, which draws moisture to the skin....it's possible her skin was dry before but just not noticed, but as with anything, when we change soap, tooth paste, deoderent, we are more likely to "notice" something that we overlooked before, & presumed it was normal.
It could be the soap base or the oils, you could try different, base & scent or leave it unscented & see how it goes.

Hazel

(ps excuse any typos....just got in from stained glass class & have boo-boo's on multiple fingers....)

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 9:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_d

Thanks, Hazel. I'll tell her I added something (but not really do it) for the next bar & see what she thinks!! The base I used is from a supplier not far from where I live - tubosoap - & I have never had any problems with any of his products. Maybe it's just my primadonna daughter. Sandra

Bookmark   March 18, 2003 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
Perfume for fragrance?
Hi there, Would anyone please be able to tell me if...
Littlek18
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Adhesion problems when making candles
Ive tried all the different things that I have read...
BGlowik
Removing soda ash from homemade soap
I have been making cold process soap for about 4 years...
bsnyder
wax fruit
Hi! New here. I am new to candle making, and I was...
basil45
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™