swap?

tarararaMarch 10, 2003

I'm involved in a swap on another board I'm on, and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested? It's a fun way to check out what everyone else is doing and get some ideas (and feedback on your own stuff). The way it works is that everyone who is interested chimes in (and there is a deadline for chiming in) and then everyone makes enough bars for everyone in the swap to get one. You mail all your soap to the coordinator of the swap along with shipping $ for the return package - the coordinator mails everyone a package containing one bar from each participant (am I making sense??).

Also, we decide on a basic size of bar for the swap, and it could be themed (i.e. we all make lavender soap) or random (we all make whatever groovy soap we want to).

Anybody interested???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magimay

You read my mind! I'd love to participate in a swap! We had talked a while back about setting up a swap, but everyone was busy with the holidays, etc. If I may make a suggestion, though--- I've been in secret swaps before where - instead of mailing your stuff to the coordinator, the coordinator just organizes through e-mails and you send your stuff directly to the recipient. Kind of like a secret pal. That way, the coordinator is not left with the huge task of sending out all those packages. Does this make sense the way I explained it? I would be willing to coordinate it if it was that way. I wouldn't have the time to do all the packaging and re-packaging. If ya'll want to do it the other way, that's cool with me too. Someone else would have to be the coordinator in that event. In any event, however, count me in.

I would also suggest that we include other body products in it too, like bath bubbles, salts, lotions, etc. so we can get a variety of things. If you don't do other stuff, that's okay too. Maybe like a total of three things to be sent to the recipient - three different bars of soap, or two soaps and a lotion, etc. Can ya'll tell I've been thinking about this? LOL! Can't wait to get everyone's opinion on this.

Magi

Bookmark   March 10, 2003 at 9:26PM
sriston

I'm game.
Susan

Bookmark   March 10, 2003 at 10:00PM
tararara

Magi: So it sounds like in your scenario each of us would get one package from one person instead of something from everyone? That's cool - simpler for sure. Let's do it!

Who else wants to play??

Bookmark   March 11, 2003 at 12:08PM
CraftyGirl75

I'll play. Whichever way you all decide to do it. I like the idea of different products too! I make everything, so it doesn't matter to me. JMO - but I don't care for the idea on all sending the same scent. It'll be neat to see the different scents that everyone has. I know I've got some off the wall ones.

Heather

Bookmark   March 11, 2003 at 1:02PM
tararara

Ok, so far we have:
me (tarara, aka Tara)
magimay (aka Magi)
sriston (aka Susan)
CraftyGirl75 (aka Heather)

Let's follow Magi's suggestions and do three items each sent to one other member. And, shall we allow another week or so for people to join??

Bookmark   March 12, 2003 at 11:13AM
CraftyGirl75

sounds good to me- I'm taking the liberty of posting a new thread to get everyones attention. Hope you don't mind.

Crafty Girl

Bookmark   March 12, 2003 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
New pouring/melting pot discoloration
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and candle making. I...
BeHappy1
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
candle luminaries
I'm attempting to make candle luminaries by pouring...
eventgal
FO similar to Yankee Candle Yankee True Rose
I absolutely love the "discontinued" fragrance...
monica33flowers
Sponsored Products
Winners Only Topaz 74 in. Media Base - Cherry - TTC174
Hayneedle
Spot on Square | Hiya Dresser, Walnut
YLiving.com
Pedestal Sinks White China WeeWash Child-size Pedestal Sink White | 10686
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
David Bromstad Purple "Flowers in Unity" Artwork
Grandin Road
Pedestal Sinks Bone China Wee Wash Child-size Pedestal Sink Bone | 10792
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
Tan Checkered Empire Shade 8x14x11 (Spider)
$79.91 | Lamps Plus
David Bromstad Red "Flowers in Unity" Artwork
Grandin Road
Furniture of America Avondale Fabric Loveseat - Gray - IDF-3062-LV
Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™