Craftsman GDO Issues

endgameDecember 4, 2010

I recently moved into a new house. I have two GDO units, and am having trouble setting up my two remotes to work how I want. I would like to be able to open both doors using the same remote and using multiple remotes(One remote in both cars that can open both doors if that makes sense)

After digging around on here I have learned that one remote seems to work on the "Billion" code, and the other on the "Smart" system.

I have found I can program my keypad and the "smart" remote to the main opener, but the "smart" remote won't link to the other opener.

The "billion" remote will link to both openers, but will not allow the keypad to function with it. (Or the other opener, which makes sense per some of the other topics I have read on this forum.)

I assume the second GDO cannot use the "smart" code. Am I better off buying a "billion" code remote to do what I want and replacing the "smart"? If so do I have to replace the keypad with a "billion" keypad???

Thanks for any feedback, I am getting frustrated on this one. I don't have the opener model numbers handy, but I will pull them later to post if needed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I think if you go on the "garage forum" you will get the help you need. I thought I was going to get great ideas for organizing the garage- all it is is 1 problem after another with garage doors & remotes!And a couple of guys that tell you how to fix your problems!! Good Luck!

Bookmark   December 5, 2010 at 1:02AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sdello

Based on your post it appears the openers are either from different manufacturers, different "eras" of manufacture or both. In order to properly address your situation it is necessary to provide the manufactuer and model number of both openers and the keypad.

Bookmark   December 7, 2010 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
blessedbe
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
martin-ferdinand
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
media529
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™