Plugmold or not?

Kristen HallockMay 22, 2013

We have our kitchen down to the studs. I am trying to decide if I should make my husband install plugmold or not? He says he will do it if I want. He's never used plugmold before. But he has wired outlets and light switches. He thinks maybe plugmold might be easier? Since he just has to do a few strips instead of a bunch of different outlets.

Here's the thing though, I only have a few places where I would want it. I'd want it in the cabinets on either side of the sink. I would like to keep my regular outlet that is in the corner of the kitchen (to the left of the sink) because I usually keep my KA mixer plugged in there. Then I would want it in the cabinet to the left of the range. But in the cabinet in the corner at the left of the range, I just want a regular outlet behind the microwave, and then a regular outlet below the microwave, on the backsplash because I will keep my toaster oven plugged in there.

So is it worth doing since I still want to keep some regular outlets?

I do plan on tiling my backsplash and this is a DIY kitchen remodel.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

I don't have plugmold, but I do have outlets hidden in the bottom of the cabs as well as regular wall outlets that have permanent appliances, like you describe. What you suggest sounds good. The appliances that are plugged in to wall outlets won't have wires hanging from the cabs, but plugs you only need once in a while won't break up the beauty of your BS. I'd go for the plugmold.

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
What does this tile say to you?
I am still in the planning stages of a small, U-shaped...
kelleg69
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Cabs above the fridge and wall oven
We don't have a KD yet, and I'm still just figuring...
Jennifer Weinman
Need help on storing root vegetables
Can anyone help me with ideas to store my root veges...
sl4321
Walnut cabinets - natural or stain?
I fell in love with walnut for my kitchen cabinets....
zaphod42
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™