jojoba spheres

sandra_dFebruary 12, 2003

Hazel - What happened with your jojoba spheres? Did you ever hear back from the seller? And have you rec'd your soap petal mold yet? Sandra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hazel_SC

Haven't received the mold yet....hoping it gets here soon...it's only coming from over by atlanta, so it should only take a day or two from the time she mails it......

as to the jojoba spheres....i ordered from sunshine soapworks just after midnight on the 6th. I gave them till monday, & I emailed & said to cancel my order. She called me on tuesday, apoligizing & said she had bronchitius & had been out of the office since wednesday.

I called bitter creek today, ordered jojoba spheres & some samples of their lotion base & milk bath & my order has already shipped, due on the 17th.

So, hopefully by next week I will have both new toys to play with.
I'll update you as I progress on.

Hazel

Bookmark   February 12, 2003 at 11:16PM
Hazel_SC

well, the soap petal mold arrived yesterday, (it was maryland, not atlanta...blonde moment......).
Haven't had a a chance to use it yet, it's a bit different than what I THOUGHT it would be. Looks just like the picture on the web site, but for some reason **I** had a different, I don't know, picture of it in my head (again, blonde....). I will try it out, maybe tonight & let you know how it goes. There are 8 bigger "petals" around the outside edge, & 4 smaller ones in the middle. The opening for the "bigger" petal is a TINY bit bigger than my thumb-I can set my thumb flat in the hole w/o touching the edges of the hole, but it goes down deep where the petal curls. will be interesting to see how they come out....will try & post a pic if i get any done.

Hazel

Bookmark   February 14, 2003 at 6:43PM
sandra_d

Thanks Hazel, keep us posted. Sandra

Bookmark   February 14, 2003 at 10:14PM
Hazel_SC

well the jojoba spheres arrived today. haven't played with them yet, but they are TINY!!!!! they could be dew drops on fairy flowers.......sounds silly, but can't think of another way to describe them......was going to try to take a picture, but they will just show up as a blob. An ounce is in a zip top bag about 3" x 3". I'm going to play with some soap tonight, I'll see if I can get something done with them......

Hazel

Bookmark   February 17, 2003 at 4:52PM
More Discussions
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Candle ignites. "Ooops!" batch question.
I wanted to make a larger batch of candles and apparently...
HVC2014
Where to get pretty soap labels?
Hi, I was wondering where I could get some pretty soap...
sillymesillyne
New pouring/melting pot discoloration
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and candle making. I...
BeHappy1
FO similar to Yankee Candle Yankee True Rose
I absolutely love the "discontinued" fragrance...
monica33flowers
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™