old threads

sandra_dFebruary 3, 2003

Hi Everyone - I haven't been around at all lately & am reading lots to catch up. My FIL passed away 2 weeks ago & we have had family here from England & Ireland. Everyone is back home now & life resumes. Can anyone tell me how to access old threads, say from the past year or two. Like the question about the fish in the bag - I wouldn't mind re-reading some of the old posts, but am unable to go back much more than a few months. Thanks everyone, Sandra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jill_NC

Hi Sandra. I'm sorry about your loss. I had noticed your absence, but I'm glad you're back.

They don't permanently archive threads here...once a post is past page "8"-it's history. Sometimes, if you Google search and come up w/an old thread and click on it - you'll get that "message is gone" ominous screen...but if you click on the "cached" link (from the Google search--at the end, past the URL) - Google will pull the thread up from the bowels of the net. It's a pretty neat thing to try if you need it.

Glad you're back!

Jill

Bookmark   February 3, 2003 at 11:02PM
tanner2135

Try archive.org...it's just what it sounds like, an archive of the net. It's not always complete but you'd be surprised.

HTH,
Andrea

Bookmark   February 4, 2003 at 1:27AM
sandra_d

Thanks guys, I'll try these suggestions & let you know.
Sandra

Bookmark   February 4, 2003 at 10:06PM
sandra_d

Success! I was able to access old threads using google &
clicking on the "cached" link like you suggested, Jill. Thanks again, Sandra

Bookmark   February 5, 2003 at 12:54AM
Jill_NC

I'm glad that worked for you. I found that out a while back and it's been SO great...especially when you do a search and find something that interest you and you click on the link and it doesn't work. The "cached" button almost always brings something up!

Jill

Bookmark   February 5, 2003 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
soy wax tarts
Has anyone had problems with there wax tarts being...
busyhummingbird68
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Mega melter
I am selling my Mega Melter. I used to sell at shows...
Beth1803
Removing soda ash from homemade soap
I have been making cold process soap for about 4 years...
bsnyder
making candles from old wax?
I am sure many have done this already. Few questions....
bertman_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™