Question about burning tarts/candles

ponderinstuffFebruary 12, 2003

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if you can burn candle wax in a tart burner (with a tea light). I have a couple candles I really like the scent of, but they have lead wicks.

I was wondering if I could just carve some up and put in the burner. I have noticed the tarts burn a long time, but I don't know if there is something different added to them or not.

I look forward to hearing from you.

lu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CraftyGirl75

Well, all a tart is is wax with a concentrated scent. I made several tarts at Christmas time out of gulf wax (parrafin - found in grocery store). I used the same scents I use for candles or soaps. The problem was the scent only lasted about four hours. Half of that of the store bought tarts.

As for your candle wax. Is it parrafin? Parrafin burns through and through - meaning there is no wax residue left over at the end. The wax always burns away, which in my opinion is very nice. The candles last much longer that way. If you don't know the differece, buy a cheap taper candle from the $1 store, and buy a nice paraffin taper from another store. Burn them side by side and see the difference.

So - if it's a parrafin wax candle you are chunking up I think that it would work fine in your burner. If it's a wax candle I don't think it will make it.

But then again, It's just my thoughts on the whole thing.

HTH
CraftyGirl

Bookmark   February 13, 2003 at 7:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ponderinstuff

thanks!

Bookmark   February 13, 2003 at 6:06PM
More Discussions
Can I make soap using lotion?
Does anyone know if I can use hand lotion to make soap?...
maisienell
candle luminaries
I'm attempting to make candle luminaries by pouring...
eventgal
soy wax tarts
Has anyone had problems with there wax tarts being...
busyhummingbird68
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™