And the award to for the MOST expensive base goes to....

Jill_NCFebruary 7, 2003

*Martha Stewart* -- came across her site while looking for a mold. She gets twenty-four dollars for 3 POUNDS of plain glycerin base - w/shipping it comes to $29.95. The site does have some cute alphabet soap molds to make letters though...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jill_NC

and the award for the idiot who can't proof their subject title goes to....ME! (sorry)

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 8:07PM
tanner2135

Ya know, jill...you say you don't like martha stewart, but you just admitted to surfing her site.

Just teasing! =P
Andrea

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 9:04PM
Jill_NC

LOL Andrea! I have a project saved that was on her site and I was going thru my soap bookmarks. There was a blurb about base, so I wanted to check it out....omg, I sound like I'm rationalizing, don't I??? :-)

And it's not that I don't *like* her...btw, I hear she's weaving a living room rug out of hamster fur next week.

j

Bookmark   February 7, 2003 at 10:51PM
basilmom

I'm totally butting in here (I am currently reading my 54th soapmaking book, but have yet to make a single batch)...but MS is a whopping RIP OFF! I once saw an ad for several items on a page in her magazine...one of them was for those lightweight wood berry baskets that you can buy at the farm store for 75 cents. She was charging $12.00 for 3!!! That was the point when I realized more than anything, that woman is the devil dressed like a homemaker (albeit a well-dressed one)!

Tracy

Bookmark   February 20, 2003 at 5:16PM
pistil

If you're looking for those cute little wooden berry baskets, check out ebay. I got 10 for $3 and I love them!
Susan, Princess Petals

Bookmark   February 20, 2003 at 5:26PM
tanner2135

Tracy, your post had me snorting water through my nose! Thanks for making me LMAO...and welcome to the board. This is a very suportive environment and we're happy to have another friendly face. =)

IMO, put the books down and start with MP first until you want to get more complicated. I originally wanted to do CP soap but like you, got a ton of conflicting information and psyched myself out of trying CP. Getting the chemicals and acids and fats calculation, etc, etc intimidated me and delayed my foray into soapmaking by 5 years.

Take that FWIW, YMMV and it's all IMO...HTH!
Andrea, who's in acronym hell right now =)

Bookmark   February 20, 2003 at 8:14PM
basilmom

Thanks for the welcome Andrea. And I appreciate your advice...but *I'm goin' IN* (like it's war or something!). I am ready and when I get the kiddo to sleep tonight I'm going to make my first batch. Of course, if I go blind, or blow up the kitchen, well I'll definitly go for the melt and pour...

do they have brail measuring cups? Thats not very funny is it?

Wish me luck!
Tracy

Bookmark   February 24, 2003 at 6:48PM
More Discussions
Catalytic Effusion Lamp
Anyone know what these are? I have just bought one...
leearnold
First time candle making, some advice please?
So I'm making candles for Christmas presents this year...
Cashmina
Hot process soap is soft
It's a beautiful soap but it is soft just out of the...
jbander
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
Sponsored Products
Designers Fountain 84283 Palatial 3 Light Chandelier in Chrome Finish - 84283-CH
$337.50 | Hayneedle
VIGO 60-inch Frameless Shower Door 3/8" Clear/Chrome Hardware with White Base -
Modern Bathroom
Era Counterstool or Barstool
Design Within Reach
Slant Gimbal Track Head by Juno
$92.68 | Lumens
Provence Chrome Finish with Amber Crystal Wall Sconce
$72.00 | Bellacor
Dualit Table Blender
$249.95 | FRONTGATE
Light Gold Bottom Smocked Silk Shade 12x18x12 (Spider)
Lamps Plus
Braided Accent Rug: Corsica Silver Shimmer 8' x 8'
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™