Wanted: Recipes to Make Your Own Soap Base

Organic_PaperFebruary 7, 2011

Hello, I have been looking and looking for Organic/Natural or Glycerin Soap base Recipies.

I have found one but it comes out a red color. I'm looking for a white-ish color that way I can add my own color choice. I do have lists of multiple soap base suppilers, I am looking to make my own. If you know of a recipe or a link to one I would really appreciate it. If you want the recipe I have found (not personally tried it yet) I will be glad to share it.

Thank You Very Much

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent

I make cold processed soap.

What ingredients are you using?

The different soap that you mention, require different methods and ingredients to make the soap.

To get a red colour, I would think that you are not using the proper ingredients, if it is cold processed soap you are indeed making.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 2:03PM
Organic_Paper

I haven't made any soap. I'm looking for soap base recipes. I have 1 soap base recipe, the person that supplied that took pics and inclued them in the recipe. That soap base turns a red-ish clear color (from the pics). I have no ingredents because I have no recipes minus the one I mentioned. I am looking for Saop Base recipes that come out a white-ish to clear color. It doesn't have to be a perfect "clear" it can be cloudy. I just want to be able to add my own color to it and it be that color.

Thank You

Bookmark   February 11, 2011 at 3:57PM
Brent

Organic_Paper,

When you mention cloudy soap, you are talking about a glycerin soap based recipe, vice cold or hot processed soap.

So, if you direct your question/recipe with glycirin in the title, you may get someone with that experience to pipe in.

Good luck!

Bookmark   February 13, 2011 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
FO's and EO's suppliers that you love?
Hi, I make glycerin soaps for gifts and sell a few....
reneea
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Removing soda ash from homemade soap
I have been making cold process soap for about 4 years...
bsnyder
First time candle making, some advice please?
So I'm making candles for Christmas presents this year...
Cashmina
soy wax tarts
Has anyone had problems with there wax tarts being...
busyhummingbird68
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™