Dragonfly Soap w/photo
This is a Milkway Mold that I picked up, when I first started soaping, on clearance at WSS. I had grand plans of painting on the design...but that didn't work...at all. Then I thought I'd just pour different colored soap into the various parts of the design--besides not being able to find non-migrating dyes that would work---it seemed like a real PITA. Then I remembered seeing soaps done over at FineArtMolds.Com and how they were done resembling a cameo. I thought maybe that'd work okay.
Pouring the hot, opaque base was tougher than I thought. I used a pipette and that helped some...but I figured I could just scrape out the overpour. In theory it may have worked, but not in "real" life. Then I figured the warmth of the overpour would melt the little specs of white base that were left---that didn't happen either. Then there are a couple of bubbles that you can see at the bottom of the design in the white part. The overpour was clear base colored w/blue mica powder. I was glad to see that the mica clouded up the clear because I didn't want to be able to see through it. I'd thought about adding a chunk of white, but decided against it--glad I did.
Anyway--that's how it came out. Not bad for the first try and something I might try again - but not while trying to cook DS's mac 'n cheese lunch while he's trying to get into the garbage! LOL! And y'all will be happy to hear that I finally got this bar to smell good!
ps...if you have any other ideas on how to pour this soap bar--please share! This is THE LAST "fancy" mold I'm ever buying! :-)
Here is a link that might be useful: