Would love to find.....

katlanJuly 6, 2012

something like this. Not even sure how to search for it. I found it on someone's blog, they made this themself. Which is really amazing to me.

Now, does anyone know if a set similar to this can be purchased? If so, where?

Thanks! (PS cross posted in The Kitchen Table)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here is a link to the eBay page for provincial French furniture.

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay provincial French furniture

    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 2:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I kind of poked around the internet but didn't see anything similar - it may have been fashioned after an antique design or just a very clever woodworker. I was thinking you could probably find a cabinet maker to either restyle an existing chest you like, or build one from scratch.

I found this site (don't know anything about it, but it looks promising) where you post pics of what you want and the woodworkers there offer to build it for you (if you find someone interested). Look at the custommade.com website for the type of things their members make.

Here is a link that might be useful: Get it Made

    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 3:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out both sites. I just think that thing is so cool, and functional. I don't think I would want it quite so ornate, but it's still fab.

    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 4:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Now I understand.
It's not the provincial look you like - you are looking for a small flat file.

This one is likely a map chest, judging by its dimensions.

It's a piece designed to hold document sheets - every architect's and engineer's office, and many designer's studios (mine included) have them for storing drawings, blueprints, and any other large sheets, laid flat.

    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 4:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here are a couple of mission/country styles (scroll down to bottom of page). I haven't seen one of those in years!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet with folding trays

    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 4:41PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
School Medical exams - personal
My kids' schools require annual back to school physicals. What...
Why do you decorate?
I'm sure this has come up a million times before ....
Painting below chair rail to give appearance of wood paneling
Not in my budget to have wood panel wainscoting but...
Anyone used Guilford Green?
We are building a new home in FL and I am looking for...
Sponsored Products
Schonbek Renaissance Collection 33" Wide Crystal Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Classroom Slope Chair in Gray
$119.99 | Dot & Bo
Complex Pink Chenille Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$79.95 | Bellacor
Abba White with Gray Leaves Twin Pull Chain Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Vineyard Hand Towel - BLUE (HAND TOWEL)
$17.00 | Horchow
Worldwide Lighting Wall Mounted Lighting & Sconces Lyre Collection 3-Light
Home Depot
Geometric Wood Table Lamp
$103.95 | Bellacor
California Outdoor Concepts Capri Round Tabletop Fire Bowl - 8100
$237.49 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™