What's your favorite non-mold mold??

tarararaFebruary 28, 2003

Know what I mean? What's your favorite mold that was not intended as a mold, meaning something you found that makes a great mold. My latest favorite is not very original, but it's a 6" length of pvc pipe. Cheap (1.99!) and it makes the most lovely round bars of soap. I thought the burly men at the hardware store were going to give me a hard time about cutting a piece of pipe as a soap mold, but they didn't blink an eye...

Also, I'm loving the icecube trays from IKEA. They are square rubber trays, and I now have the hearts, stars, x's and o's and long bars (good for embedding in a loaf pan). They are so easy to work with because they are flexible and make nice little embeds (or guest soaps).

So, reveal your latest discovery!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandra_d

Hi - I, too love the Ikea ice cube trays. I also like the Jello molds. I have one that makes jelly beans - they're really cute & really bright when I make them in neon colors! Sandra

Bookmark   February 28, 2003 at 3:39PM
Jill_NC

I liked doing the loofa soap in the pringles can. I have also tried the Ikea ice cube trays w/good success. A lot of people sing the praises of the Martha Stewart drawer organizers (Martha Mold) but I haven't tried those yet.

Bookmark   February 28, 2003 at 3:54PM
magimay

For mass production, I like the small daisy sour cream containers. They make a nice simple round bar, they are cheap and easy to come by. I've saved about eight of them and use them regularly. Good for your basic, no frills soap - you know - the practical ones we wash with!

Magi

Bookmark   February 28, 2003 at 6:11PM
magimay

Just found another one yesterday - my daughter was eating a blue bell ice cream cup. The edges are scalloped and its about 3 inches in diameter. I'm going to try it out for a sample size bar and will let ya'll know the results (with picture, of course!)

Magi

Bookmark   March 1, 2003 at 9:51AM
BeckyJo_OH

I really like my Rubbermaid drawer divider. It makes nice, big, rectangular soaps. :)

Bookmark   March 2, 2003 at 12:03AM
More Discussions
Help with Candle making Please
Hi I'm new to candle making and I had bought a candle...
Bullyscents
Where to get pretty soap labels?
Hi, I was wondering where I could get some pretty soap...
sillymesillyne
FO's and EO's suppliers that you love?
Hi, I make glycerin soaps for gifts and sell a few....
reneea
Catalytic Effusion Lamp
Anyone know what these are? I have just bought one...
leearnold
making candles from old wax?
I am sure many have done this already. Few questions....
bertman_gw
Sponsored Products
Secret Garden Apothecary Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Koncept Gen 3 Z-Bar Slim Warm Light LED Black Wall Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Tissue Pod in Blue
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
Marina Decorative Grab Bar - ADA Compliant
Signature Hardware
Polished Chrome Three-Light Bath Light with Oval Frosted Glass
$226.00 | Bellacor