??Suspension Base Supplier??

CraftyGirl75February 24, 2003

Does anyone know a supplier of a good suspension base? I used to be able to get it locally but not anymore.

TIA

Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hazel_SC

Does WSS have it? I know they did have a selection of bases....

Hazel

Bookmark   February 24, 2003 at 12:23PM
CraftyGirl75

First place I looked Hazel. Can't seem to find it on there website anywhere. At least the description doesn't specifically say "suspension base".

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Heather

Bookmark   February 24, 2003 at 12:43PM
snowfie

it's still on WSS under "specially MP soap" at the bottom of the page. (if wss is for wholesale supplies that is) :)

Bookmark   February 24, 2003 at 4:16PM
Hazel_SC

it is, & i think that's where I saw it.....

Hazel

Bookmark   February 24, 2003 at 7:44PM
CraftyGirl75

Should have been more specific - I was looking for opaque - WSS only sells clear. But I ordered it anyway - figure I'll just add an ouce or two of regular opaque to it. Can't seem to find suspension opaque anywhere anyway.

Thanks guys
Heather

Bookmark   February 25, 2003 at 10:42AM
snowfie

I've never seen opaque suspension. usually suspendables are more desireable in clear I guess. But you could probably add titanium dioxide to the clear to make white. don't know what process you'd do to get that opaque look or whether that's really even recommended to add to M&P soap or not. :)

Bookmark   February 25, 2003 at 12:02PM
Hazel_SC

Yes, titanium dixiode will make the clear base opaque, but why whould you need to suspend in an opaque bar? Unless your making big batches & cutting bars?
I almost routinely add clear to my white base. It seems to take color & scent better if it's cut with some clear.
Also, you can get a better range of colors....try plain opaque base, opaque with about 1/3 clear, then about 1/2, then clear with about 1/4 opaque....you get a whole range of different shades, using the same number of drops in each mix.
I generally stick with 2/3 opaque to 1/3 clear/bar. (If I'm pouring 6 bars I'll do 4 bars worth of opaque & 2 bars worth of clear.)

At least that's what works well for me.....

Hazel

(All that was said to say, yes, mix the clear suspension with the opaque & see what happens. But you'll have to play with it to see how much you have to use to still get the suspension effect & still be opaque.)

Bookmark   February 25, 2003 at 12:20PM
CraftyGirl75

Locally - Michaels craft store used to sell opaque suspension base. Now they only sell clear. I like opaque suspension for oatmeal bars. I'm not a huge fan of clear soap. I bought the MW foot mold and some ground pumice. I am making foot shaped foot scrub soaps to sell to a couple girls who run a pedicure party business. They want to give a themed soap to their hostesses as a gift for having the party. The pumice looks much better in the opaque base.

Thanks for the tips.

Heather

Bookmark   February 25, 2003 at 1:12PM
snowfie

I actually did that exact same thing (foot shaped molds with ground pumice supsended) and I thought it looked really cute in a clear suspension but I tinted with green mica for that extra sparkle (the scent was peppermint)

Bookmark   February 25, 2003 at 3:25PM
CraftyGirl75

Snowfie-

That's a good idea. Might try it and see how I like it. Thanks for the idea.

Heather

Bookmark   February 26, 2003 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
Catalytic Effusion Lamp
Anyone know what these are? I have just bought one...
leearnold
FO similar to Yankee Candle Yankee True Rose
I absolutely love the "discontinued" fragrance...
monica33flowers
candle luminaries
I'm attempting to make candle luminaries by pouring...
eventgal
Can I make soap using lotion?
Does anyone know if I can use hand lotion to make soap?...
maisienell
Mega melter
I am selling my Mega Melter. I used to sell at shows...
Beth1803
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™