My first Basket

knash6February 2, 2003

Hi all! Here is my first basket...put together for a Valentine's fundraiser for a school. I'll need to do about 50 more by the 13th! Yikes!!! ;) Included is 20 rose petal soaps, an Oatmeal honey almond bar, a rose scent scrunchee soap on a rope, two small hand soaps (a heart w/roses and an angel, some rose scented bath salts in a sachet, and a nice soft washcloth. I plan on redoing the labeling a little and adding white tissue paper in the bottom of the basket as filler (it's empty now!). It's in a nice hard plastic white bath caddy. Any suggestions? Is it okay?

Kristi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pistil

It's beautiful!!!! You did a great job! Fifty more? lol! You better get soaping, girl! lol!
Susan....rushing back to work (I'm on lunch)

Bookmark   February 2, 2003 at 1:17PM
Jill_NC

Kristi--
Looks awesome to me!! Did you get a mold specific to doing the bath pouf bars? I used a tupperware container and it didn't come out that great...but good enough for me to use!

Jill

Bookmark   February 2, 2003 at 1:53PM
NorthEastStepMom

Kristi! You have inspired me! I have been putting off making baskets for all of my girls for Valentine's Day. I've finally started working on them tonight! Thanks! Your basket is absolutely beautiful! Good luck with the rest of them!

Lissa

Bookmark   February 3, 2003 at 7:04PM
knash6

Thanks guys!

Susan- yes...I better get soaping! I hope I can get it dont in time.

Jill- Yes...I broke down and bought the kit at Michael's just to get the form to use. I thought about finding something else to use, but nothing seemed like it would work. This form is great! Just right for the small scrunchees...even better for the new scrunchees with the handle attached to them. (Walmart and target has them) Have ya'll seen those? I like them better, even though they are more expensive.

Lissa- Thanks for the luck sent my way...I'm gonna need it! LOL

Kristi

Bookmark   February 4, 2003 at 8:12AM
ReaderPhil

I want one--it's a gorgeous basket! I keep telling me I absolutely cannot start learning another craft but soap making sure keeps calling to me!!!! Your basket didn't help, but I love it anyway--maybe I could do that some day.

Bookmark   February 4, 2003 at 2:08PM
sandra_d

Kristi - it's beautiful! Your wrapped bar looks so good!!
Very professional. Congratulations, Sandra

Bookmark   February 4, 2003 at 10:05PM
downeastwaves

This is beautiful!

I wondering how'd they sell and much you sold them for?

Do others have basket ideas? I just stared lookin over this forum, maybe I'll make some soap!

Leasa

Bookmark   May 7, 2006 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
soy wax tarts
Has anyone had problems with there wax tarts being...
busyhummingbird68
No throw soy candles - FRUSTRATED!
I've gone out and bought all of the correct equipment...
milehighcc
Candle ignites. "Ooops!" batch question.
I wanted to make a larger batch of candles and apparently...
HVC2014
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™