Anyone use Word Perfect?

sristonFebruary 24, 2003

I have always used Office 97, but it won't run on my new computer (XP). This machine came with Word Perfect 2002, which seems nice (if I can get it figured out). Can anyone tell me how in the world you do labels (Avery) with Word Perfect? I always used the Avery Wizard with Office 97. I use lots of labels, both for my soaps and candles, and for mailing. I appreciate any help.

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hazel_SC

No clue on that, but what can you tell me about the Avery wizard? I've talked to several folks who say it's great to work with. And is it www.avery.com for the address?

Thanks, Hazel

PS-just wondering if they have an updates you could download? I had to do that for my Kodak digital camera..wouldn't work on this new puter till I downloaded the updates.....

Bookmark   February 24, 2003 at 12:22PM
sriston

Yes, Hazel, the Avery Wizard is available (free) at the Avery website. It is great-- every label Avery makes can be customized with it, either singly (many different entries on a sheet) or a whole sheet of identical stickers. I am just lost without it! I tried going through the Microsoft Support KNowledge Base but couldn't find a thing relating to XP and Office 97. I guess I will ask on the Computer Forum. Be sure and try the Wizard. It intergrates into all versions of Microsoft Office and is an indispensible tool for anyone who makes labels.
Susan

Bookmark   February 24, 2003 at 11:22PM
magimay

Hi Susan,
I have been using Word Perfect for years. Its super easy to format labels. Under the top tab that says format, if you go 2/3 of the way down, you will see labels (fourth from the bottom). Scroll through the labels until you find the one you want to use and select it. It's that easy. You need to insert a hard return (control/enter) between the labels to separate them. I hope I've explained this clearly enough - its really easy. If you have any other Word Perfect questions, feel free to e-mail me at magimay@bellsouth.net.

Magi

Bookmark   February 26, 2003 at 8:54PM
sriston

Thanks, Magi. I am so relieved to find someone that uses Word Perfect! It seems to do everything Microsoft Office does, but everything is in a different place, and the way it numbers pages confuses me!
Susan

Bookmark   March 1, 2003 at 12:00PM
magimay

Yeah, I know. We're switching over to Microsoft Word at work in the near future and I will be lost!

Magi

Bookmark   March 1, 2003 at 12:59PM
More Discussions
Can I make soap using lotion?
Does anyone know if I can use hand lotion to make soap?...
maisienell
Help with Candle making Please
Hi I'm new to candle making and I had bought a candle...
Bullyscents
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
making candles from old wax?
I am sure many have done this already. Few questions....
bertman_gw
Where to get pretty soap labels?
Hi, I was wondering where I could get some pretty soap...
sillymesillyne
Sponsored Products
Paris Kids Chair Set of 4 in Clear
$189.00 | LexMod
Hollywood Atlas-lock Keyhole Queen / California King / Eastern King Bed Frame wi
Overstock.com
Dolce Gardenia Black Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$129.00 | Bellacor
Desert Steel Saguaro Cactus Torch - 150-052VT
$439.96 | Hayneedle
24" Bangkok Bamboo Vessel Sink Vanity
Signature Hardware
Pink Zigzag Jumbo Tote
$24.99 | zulily
Tempered Mirrored Glass 72" High Watergarden Fountain
Lamps Plus
Woven Textures Runner 2'3" x 8' - IVORY