help i want a recipe for the best non sticking soap

felicitafatakiJanuary 5, 2006

hi i am new at this a girl from new york, now living in west virginia ( way up in the mountains) everyone here quilts, make candles tec, and i want to make soap :) , wanting to learn how to make beautifully smellling colored soaps like orange for mango etc:) i need help, i dont know all the lingo, but id like the easiest for an amateur and the cheapest , but come out with a good smelling and productive soap:) am i asking too much:) any recipes would be appreciated tips, emails me at cintron0840@gmail.com if youd like, but please share your expertise , im an eager student willing to learn, wanting to make a thing fo beauty and use:) HELP:):) BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!!!! any and all advice recipes links would be sooooo appreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sriston

Well, I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking. I make CP (cold process) soap and melt and pour soap. I have never had soap "stick" to the molds, if that is what you are referring to. What type of soap are you interested in making? If you are just wanting to learn, I would suggest you begin with melt and pour soap, using a top-quality base like SFIC. Making good soap takes a lot of practise and trial and error. Start simple, as with any hobby, and work your way up into better recipes, etc.
Susan

Bookmark   January 7, 2006 at 8:17AM
terri_pacnw

I don't make soap..but hang out with soapers...
and if you want simple, easy and smell good soap..
Start with Melt and Pour using the SFIC bases.
Do a google with Melt and Pour SFIC bases....
You will get alot of sites that sell it and tell you how to use it.
Now cooking your own soap as in Cold Process...takes alot more care...But it's another process you should investigate to see if you wanna go that route.

Bookmark   January 7, 2006 at 1:25PM
younggrasshper

There are a ton of recipe forums on the internet.....one of my favorites is candletech.com. I started with Crock Pot Hot Process and love it, I also love whipped soap (its cool and it FLOATS). I started cheap with stuff I could find around town, like lard or shortening, and coconut oil makes great soap, but you can't use too much or its super drying. you can e-mail me or IM me anytime if you have questions. I'm younggrasshper on yahoo, for e-mail and instant messenger!

Bookmark   January 14, 2006 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
FO similar to Yankee Candle Yankee True Rose
I absolutely love the "discontinued" fragrance...
monica33flowers
Where to get pretty soap labels?
Hi, I was wondering where I could get some pretty soap...
sillymesillyne
Can I make soap using lotion?
Does anyone know if I can use hand lotion to make soap?...
maisienell
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
Help with Candle making Please
Hi I'm new to candle making and I had bought a candle...
Bullyscents
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™