Pillar candle holders

LibbyLizJanuary 17, 2006

I'm having the hardest time trying to find clear plain glass hurricane holders for each of the sizes of pillar candles I want to buy.

Lots of places sell the hurricane holders for 3" & 4" diameter pillars, but I want a whole set to match & one for each size candle. I've not been able to find any to fit 6" diameter pillars. I don't know if 5" diameter pillars exist, but if they do, I'd need a holder for them as well.

Since I'm unable to find these matching hurricane pillar candle holders in clear plain glass I've been thinking of using glazed terra cotta saucers, but I don't know what size to get for each pillar candle.

I'd need to consider room for the candle wax when/if it overflows so it doesn't end up on furniture or flooring. This is why I wanted hurricane holders. I can't stand the flat-like plates or those with little lips most places sell for holding pillar candles. I've had accidents in the past with the candle burning through on one side & hot wax flowing onto a table & floor.

So if I get glazed ceramic saucers to hold the pillars & catch wax overflow, how much room do I give each diameter pillar candle?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Red_Confetti

Hi Liz - I did a Froogle search for glass hurricane candle holders and came across the site below... it may have what you are looking for. (I have no knowledge of the reliability, service, etc. of this site... just found it on the net.)

Here is a link that might be useful: save-on-crafts.com

Bookmark   January 21, 2006 at 11:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LibbyLiz

I saw that site while searching & just went back to it, but the hurricane shades are only 5" diameter top & bottom by either 11.5" or 14" tall.

Though the base the shade sits on will hold a 6" candle. I'm assuming they mean diameter versus height.

Thanks anyhow!

Bookmark   January 21, 2006 at 11:41PM
More Discussions
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
No throw soy candles - FRUSTRATED!
I've gone out and bought all of the correct equipment...
milehighcc
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
soy wax tarts
Has anyone had problems with there wax tarts being...
busyhummingbird68
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™