Craftsman 1/2 door garage opener limit prob

rattmanDecember 3, 2009

Hi all,

Just replaced the gears in my craftsman 1/2 hp model 139.536625rt2.

In replacing all parts, i accidentally broke the small little metal piece that is on the MIDDLE part of the limit switch assembly.

At this point, the door goes down one foot, and then up one foot and stops.

I tried to simulate the broken part of the limit switch assembly by holding the middle wire to the down limit when activating the garage doow opener..... nothing changes.

i attempt the same by holding the little wire to the up limit wire (the yellow one) .... and still no difference.

I am going to solder the little broken piece..... but i do not believe that is the problem. This is because if I simulate (as above) and then remove the middle wire from either limit once the door starts to move i get the same results.

i get no blinking lights on the door. the emergency electric eyes are still both steady green.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Make sure you put the black cup back on the end of the motor shaft and that it is pressed all the way on. Make sure the RPM sensor is plugged in. If neither of these are the issue, then you probably did not have the motor shaft pushed all the way back when you tightened the coupler after replacing the worm gear. Loosen that coupler up and from the front of the motor (opposite end in which the coupler is on) push the shaft back as far as it will go. Hold it there while you tighten the coupler back up and then try it.

Bookmark   December 3, 2009 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Settling crack been repaired by 6 people - any advice?
Our house is 25 years old. The foundation was put in...
BelfastBound
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
blessedbe
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™