oddieJanuary 3, 2006

Hi all I posted on the craft and decoration forum frist and those helpfull people foud the recipe I was looking for, it was hand cream made from dollor store products if you have not tried it it's a must for anyone with dry winter skin! its made useing one bottle of baby lotion. one jar of vaseline and one jar of vitiman e cream mixed with a mixer in lg bowel. works better then any lotion I have gotten in the stores. so on to the questions, is there a f/o that could be added to this recipe that would blend well with the baby lottion scent, I just dont care for the baby lotion scent. also does anyone have a hint for getting the lotion into those small mouth lotion bottles thanks oddie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sriston

Rose and most other florals will blend well with the baby powder fragrance. I especially like the rose and baby powder. As far as getting it into smaller bottles, I use a funnel. I poke the lotion through the funnel with a chopstick or something similiar. It takes patience, but it works.
Susan

Bookmark   January 3, 2006 at 5:13PM
athena143

I would use Jasmine cuz it is my favorite scent and seems to cover up everything. Let us know what you used and how it turned out. I feel we have a new lotion crafter here. Once you get started it gets addicting.
Laura

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 8:43AM
oddie

sriston and athena thanks for answering my post, sriston thanks for telling me to try a floral scent after reading your post I mixed up a batch and added a scent called heavenly smells great, I'am always scared to try mixing scents dont know what mixes well, I dont care for rose scent but jasmine is good just very limited on my F/Os. I recived a coco cone for xmas saved tha bag like a good crafter sure makes filling the lotion bottles alot easier. I have another tip I read somewhere, I took about a cup of lotion and added some of my instant bronze cream mixed well and now i have that lotion that gives your skin a glow, gotta save where you can oddie

Bookmark   January 5, 2006 at 8:54AM
athena143

Sounds wonderful, Oddie, I'll try it, too. Thanks for the tip

Bookmark   January 5, 2006 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
soy candle wicking issues
I started making soy candles a few months ago. I am...
lorieru
No throw soy candles - FRUSTRATED!
I've gone out and bought all of the correct equipment...
milehighcc
FO similar to Yankee Candle Yankee True Rose
I absolutely love the "discontinued" fragrance...
monica33flowers
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™