source for baskets

knash6January 31, 2003

Would anyone share with me a good inexpensive idea for packaging (baskets or boxes)? I'm looking for something, anything, that would hold a jar of cream (6 oz) or so, bath salts, 2 bars of soap, rose petals, etc.

Thanks!

Kristi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magimay

Go to your nearest thrift store. I found at least 50 useable baskets around Christmas and they all were under $1.00. I didn't use them all, of course, but I'm saving them for future orders.

Magi

Bookmark   January 31, 2003 at 8:53AM
pistil

Kristi my friend - go to The Container Store and go to the wrapping paper/boxes aisle. They have beautiful gift boxes decorated in florals and such for about $0.69 a box. The boxes will hold everything you've listed above. I use these for my $20 baskets. I leave the top open and standing completely up (to hold up my bottles.) Don't fold the top back at all. After I put my products in it, I put it in a cello bag and tie with a pretty ribbon.
You can also check out www.nashvillewraps for boxes too - they have them in all different prints - not sure if they have "tops" though.

Bookmark   January 31, 2003 at 10:28AM
snowfie

I found some really cute baskets at our local walmart. they were 1.99 per. they had bark looking ribbon woven into it and there was seagrass ribbon on some of them.

Bookmark   January 31, 2003 at 11:41AM
Jill_NC

Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar...those are my staple places for stuff like decorative boxes, tins & baskets.

Bookmark   January 31, 2003 at 2:03PM
knash6

Thanks everyone! Went to big lots and found what I was looking for. They had very sturdy clear plastic bath caddys for a dollar. Perfect for what I'm making!
You are the best! They also had rose petals for 2 bucks. The same thing that Michaels sells for 8. I love a bargin!
Kristi

Bookmark   February 2, 2003 at 10:46AM
Red_Confetti

For those of you who need lots of baskets or other gift holders, try the Willow Specialties company. I have bought from them. Their prices are very reasonable, and extraordinarily inexpensive in their sale catalogs. I think their catalog pictures will inspire you with basket-filling ideas, too. They also have trays, buckets, bowls, etc., as well as shreds, boxes, bags, rafia, wrapfia, etc.

They are "wholesale to the trade," but I found that all I needed to use was my SS number, and paid by credit card.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willow Specialties

Bookmark   February 6, 2003 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Why does my soy candle turn color during burn?
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong in the...
HVC2014
soy candle wicking issues
I started making soy candles a few months ago. I am...
lorieru
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
Hot process soap is soft
It's a beautiful soap but it is soft just out of the...
jbander
Candle ignites. "Ooops!" batch question.
I wanted to make a larger batch of candles and apparently...
HVC2014
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™