lavender dryer sachets

sristonJanuary 24, 2004

Hazel, are you still hanging around here somewhere? Of course, this is directed to anyone that can answer it, but I know that you make and sell these products. I have some botanicals ordered from Atlantic Spice- I am going to test the market for eye masks, dryer sachets, etc. I want some for myself, anyway- LOL. I ordered the #1 Lavender like you suggested, along with several other things that I will need. I am anxious to get them and get started. Anyway, I was wondering about the dryer sachets. You are the only person I have ever ran across that makes these. I know you said you just put the lavender into muslin bags, and then it is tossed into the dryer. How big are the bags you use? I have some muslin drawstring bags that I bought a while back that I am planning on using. I am going to sew the tops shut, though, even though they are drawstring because I think the lavender would come out in the dryer. Is lavender the only thing you put in your dryer sachets? Thanks a bunch for your information- I appreciate it.

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sriston

Thanks!
Susan

Bookmark   January 25, 2004 at 9:38PM
sportsmom12

Susan- I can't help you, but I would also be interested in the stuff you are making(where you get product from and what you wind up making) I too bought some small sack bags I could sew up Please share your ideas as you learn
thanks

Bookmark   February 22, 2004 at 10:24PM
sportsmom12

Susan
Here is a site that sells them- so you can see what they say about them
http://bristen.com/zlavender/lavenderachets.htm

Bookmark   February 22, 2004 at 10:26PM
sriston

The Lavender sachets have, thus far, sold well. All I did was to put some dried lavender in the bags and close them up. I have a whole bunch of organza bags that I am going to use, too, for drawer sachets. I am about out of lavender, will have to order more. The bags I originally used were 4x6 muslin bags and held a lot of lavender. I got my botanicals from atlanticspice.com. I am going to make some other kinds of sachets, too, as soon as I locate some more recipes. A friend also told me that she uses the muslin bags to hold the corn cob bedding sachet. I make and sell alot of the corn cob bedding sachets, but I have always packed them in tea bags. I was worried about the muslin aborbing the fragrance oil in the corn cob bedding, but she said hers doesn't. She uses one ounce of FO in three cups of corn cob bedding. I am going to try that, too. (So many things to try..)
Susan

Bookmark   February 23, 2004 at 12:50PM
jmcjs

I just bought some lavender dryer sachets in NH this summer from a company called sweet grass farm. They are WONDERFUL!! I'm going to make some, too.

Bookmark   August 5, 2006 at 9:10AM
terisw

I know this thread is not new, but I am considering making sachets with corn cob bedding. I would like to hear the voices of experience about how your things came out! Thanks, Teri

Bookmark   August 2, 2009 at 12:29AM
More Discussions
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
Where to get pretty soap labels?
Hi, I was wondering where I could get some pretty soap...
sillymesillyne
soy wax tarts
Has anyone had problems with there wax tarts being...
busyhummingbird68
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
soy candle wicking issues
I started making soy candles a few months ago. I am...
lorieru
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™