Replacing rubber weather gasket on sliding glass door

kaccocatDecember 30, 2008

I have a sliding glass door that has the weather strip gasket missing. It allows the heat to escape. Where do I get this gasket replaced and is it hard to put on? Right now the door is duct taped shut which is really annoying since I can't use the door.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You will have the best luck by contacting the manufacturer of your door. They will have the proper seal to fir your door.

    Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 2:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Are you referring to the "interlock" (where the sliding unit and fixed unit overlap) or the Jamb Seal (where the sliding unit closes into the shut position)?

The last interlock i did for someone, the part was around $60.00. That was an Andersen.

    Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 10:06PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What is this stove part called
Found this item in the oven, I know it came from the...
Where to purchase Spanish roof tiles? I just need 2 pieces.
One handyman came to my house to evaluate the price...
Removing mold from joint compound container
I have a container of Sheetrock All Purpose Joint Compound...
Roof leak - strange behavior
I hope someone can help here... History: our roof...
Andersen patio door repair
My 20-year old Anderson patio sliding glass door is...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™