Medallion Silverline vs. Diamond

katsmahMay 6, 2010

I am meeting with a contractor on Saturday who will be showing me his first design for my remodel. He has a few different cabinet brands, but when I told him I am leaning towards for painted white maple he immediately steered me to Diamond.

Last night I looked at his website again and found that he also sells Medallion. Looking at the Medallion website I see 2 doors I like, one in the Silverline - Winston, and one in the Designer line - Rushmore - that are simple raised panel doors and both have an option of painted in Divinity.

Is Medallion Silverline decent enough quality that I should have him price that also? I think the Designer will be out of my price range.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marcy96

If you go on the Medallion website you can see what the features are of the Silverline line and if they compare to the ones you are looking at in Diamond cabinets. Overall, Medallion makes quality cabinets, and their painted cabinets have a beautiful matte finish that the other semi-custom lines can't compare to.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 4:30PM
katsmah

Thanks Marcy. I've been on the Medallion website and it really doesn't say much about the construction of the Silver line. I gather it is their 'builders line' and I don't know what that means for the quality of the build and finish.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 5:56PM
LadyyDii

Hi Marcy - I'm also considering Medallion Silver line series. My designer gave me a booklet with information about differences between Platinum, Designer Gold and Silverline. I compared Silver Line construct with Kraftmaid and it seems identical. The price of Medallion was significantly less than Kraftmaid. I hope that helps. I'm going with Medallion.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 7:33AM
robbcs3

The box construction on silverline is the same as designer. You just have a limited selection of doors, and slightly fewer modifications and colors.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 8:12AM
suburbanrancher

I have the Medallion Designer Gold, wood is cherry and stain is Pecan I believe. The cabinets are very nice, our supplier said that Medallion does the stains beautifully but if we wanted painted cabinets, he would have recommended a different cabinet maker.
One thing to note regarding frameless and framed: on the Medallion the frames are not "frameless", but they are definitely "less frame" than other cabinet makers.
If you're considering Medallion, take a look at Innermost at HD, both lines are made by Elkay and thus have similar door styles but the Innermost line is truly frameless. And they often run specials because it's a new line and they're trying to increase their business.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 8:31AM
More Discussions
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
What do you think of this idea for IKEA Sektion door fronts?
I am going to put in IKEA cabinets and it don't like...
enduring
What do you think of the deeper Ikea wall cabinets?
To me, it would seem that 15" deep is excessive....
Chinchette
Tile all over range and just one row up elsewhere
I have been looking for backsplash tile and found cheap...
crl_
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™