Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remotes

fam123December 31, 2008

I have a Craftsman opener 139.53975SRT1. Recently the garage door started opening at all different times. I suspected that someone nearby had a smilar opener and the rolling code just happened to match. I cleared all codes and reprogrammed the remotes and the keypad. The control console and the keypad will open AND close the door, but the 2 remotes will only OPEN. They will not close the door. The opener does not flash or even attempt to close from the remotes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Very strange. The only thing I can think of is maybe the lock button has been pressed on your wall control. If the small light is flashing and you have the wall control with 3 buttons hold the lock button in for 3 seconds. The flashing should stop and your remotes should work. I can think of no reason why the remotes would open your door but not close it. I think you ought to try this once again.

Bookmark   December 31, 2008 at 12:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

One other thing I forgot to mention is your wall control could be bad. This could be the cause of your original problem which you thought were your neighbors. Also check the wiring from the wall control to the motor unit for staples cutting into the insulation.

Bookmark   December 31, 2008 at 12:53PM
More Discussions
T1-11 siding: Replacing rusted z-flashing?
I have several questions about z-flashing for T1-11...
rogerv_gw
Gable Vent Color Suggestions- Insight please
Hopefully someone can give me insight! We recently...
storyta
Need help with shower tiles! Ceramic?
Please help me identify the preexisting tile in my...
shufflehop
Andersen patio door repair
My 20-year old Anderson patio sliding glass door is...
daninthedirt
Pouring a new driveway
Hello everyone, first time poster. I'm ready to sign...
cin_ram1972
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™