Sears Craftsman 1/2 hp won't close

poptopptDecember 24, 2008

OK well I've read all the posts and no answer so I think I have a new ? Door only goes down holding hardwired buttons, which would suggest that the sensors are out. So we went there and only the one on the left side is green. Checked the wires on the right side and they seem to be intact. Had to disconnet wires and press to screws in order to get next scenario. If I hold the wires sometimes I can get the light to come on. Tried moving the wires to a different screw and then it blinked rapidly so I knew that was wrong. Anywho do I replace the wire and the unit or is there a different problem? Alignment as far as I can tell is ok. Model number is 139.534915RT Year 9/96

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

It is important to know that one of the lights will always be on and the other light will turn on only if the sensors are pointed at one another. I'm wondering if your moving the wires has not moved the sensor enough to be aligned momentarily. I would put the wires back where they belong and tweak the sensors to align them.

Bookmark   December 24, 2008 at 12:10PM
More Discussions
Settling crack been repaired by 6 people - any advice?
Our house is 25 years old. The foundation was put in...
BelfastBound
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
blessedbe
Should we raise/fix concrete slab in driveway or wait?
Just moving into a new house this month. So the inspector...
mattsk42
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
betty_joanne
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
tlbean2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™