Altering overalls to have snaps

teddieebAugust 13, 2007

Hi, I know this is weird but bare with me on this. I have some store bought overalls that I wish to alter to have snaps in the crotch and down the inner leg seams, much like one would put on children's clothing. I have done this once, but found that the snaps popped at the top when one set down. I assume because the original pattern didn't leave extra room for this feature... Is there a way to alter existing pants in this way or do you have to do them from scratch?? Any suggestions would be swell.

Thanks;

TeddieeB

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teddieeb

I learned the solution to this problem all on my own. The problem was that I put my snaps in backwards. I installed them with the studs in the front seam and the receivers in the back seam, it that makes any sense. it should be the other way around, the receivers should be on the front and the studs on the back, that provides for more support when pulled. the other way the studs where pulled right out and *SNAP* I actually learned this by my original pair, I actually "screwed up" on the last snap, It was near the crotch, I installed it the right way and did it would stay, So I pulled the one on the other side and VOLA! Problem Solved!

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 10:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
budster

Well thanks for posting back with your solution. Good for you correcting your own problem. I will keep your discovery in mind should I have to deal with the same situation, again thank you for sharing your solution with us. Budster

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
jewels247
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
Can you tell me if this will work?
Since I have been socked in for four days now, have...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™