Which Franke prep sink?

ekbecker1May 12, 2013

I am planning to have the Franke Orca as my cleanup sink and I was wondering what y'all would recommend for a "matching" prep sink?

I measured my largest colander and it is just under 14" wide.

I am not limited on the size of the base cabinet (yet). I am still working on my layout, but I want to pick my sinks now while I still have flexibility in cabinet size. The prep sink is not in an island or peninsula or anything like that. It will be in a run of 24" deep cabinets in front of a window where plumbing already exists. It will be about 10 feet away from the Orca.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

I can't tell you about Franke specifically (I hate SS sinks), but can offer my advice on prep sink size in general. Most of the time, we recommend a minimum 18" size sink here. Because I was using silgranit, I had to choose between prep sinks either 20" wide or 15.5" wide interior measurements. I chose the smaller 15.5" sink to save prep space on my island and am happy with it. I would NOT go any smaller back to front or in width. I do sometimes wish for slightly wider.

As a side note, you're on the right track picking your sinks first before ordering yourself into a corner with sink base cab sizes.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 12:40AM
More Discussions
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Conestoga: Madison door with beaded inset?
Has anyone done or seen the Madison door on beaded...
akaypick
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
What could cause this cracking?
Hi all, I purchased white painted cabinets from a mid-range...
sstrazisar
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™