plastic molding around steel door windows

colocowboyNovember 9, 2008

I have 2 steel doors with windows in them . The plastic trim/molding that holds the windows in is cracked. Can anyone tell me who sells the replacement plastic trim for metal door windows. Both doors are Stanleys i believe. thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sierraeast

Contact the manufacturer. If you cant find a model # for the doors and explaining in detail doesn't cut it, send a picture to them and go from there.

Bookmark   November 10, 2008 at 10:19AM
macattac

You may have trouble contacting the manufacturer. If they are Stanley doors, odds are they weren't made by Stanley (the tool & tape measure co) as we know it. As an example - Stanley Windows are not and never were made by Stanley Tools. The name was bought by some sort of licensing agreement by Silverline and used as a marketing gimmick because of the familiarity of the name. Unless you know where the doors came thru (lumberyard etc) it could be tough to know who assembled the doors.

We are a distributor and our doors are made by a small outfit using the Masonite program. Really "all" they do is bring in the door blanks and hang them into various jamb depth frames and cut/insert different glass lites etc. As you can imagine they don't "make" those plastic IG frames you are looking for, and neither does the company that hung your doors - but they bring them in by the truckload. I have had occassion to use them as replacements in the past but can't for the life of me remember what they cost.

Are yours the type where there is an identical piece on the other side of the door with visible screw holes (or capped holes)going around the perimeter?

Is there grid pattern, like a 9lite, or just glass?

What is the outside width and height dimension of the part?

I'd be happy to see if it's an exact match, it probably is. I can't imagine they cost too much to ship, they don't weigh much.
Ed

Bookmark   November 12, 2008 at 7:12PM
rhaynes141_yahoo_com

I have the exact problem as the previous posting in that the molding around the glass in my door is cracked and pulling away from the glass. I don't want to replace the whole glass because nothing is wrong with it, only the outside molding. Can you help???
Rose

Here is a link that might be useful: edcossart@gwi.net

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 1:58PM
jg303_live_com

I have 2 3-lites side by side on my door which also has cracked plastic molding. They measure 37 3/4 Tall x 9 7/8 wide. Any chance of you having anything close to this size? Thanks,

JG

Bookmark   June 6, 2011 at 4:10PM
More Discussions
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
concrete over concrete?
I have filled the space under my front door threshold...
robinasq
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
martin-ferdinand
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
betty_joanne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™