Garage door opener light won't go out !!!

iowatreeNovember 12, 2008

Hi, I have a Craftsman model # 41A3066 garage door opener that the light will not go out. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

This is caused by a bad logic board. The logic board is the number you gave as the model number. The model number should be found on the opposite end of the opener. But anyway this is a pretty expensive repair and I think by that part number you have an old opener. Might start thinking about a new one but in the meantime you can remove the bulb.

Bookmark   November 13, 2008 at 4:38PM
gcritters

You probably checked this..but on the wall controller there is a button that if pushed on will keep the light on constantly.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 2:08AM
celt101

if you decide it is the logic board, I can tell you where NOT to buy a replacement: Ontario Supply. Found them on-line and the service was great, but the board they sent turned out to be defective and after I sent it back, they refused to refund the purchase price. My advice is just to call a repair service.

Bookmark   November 27, 2008 at 11:43AM
samantha2

I am having trouble with my overhead lights. The lights that usually come on when the garage is opened started coming on automatically last night staying on several minutes before going out (this happened several times). Several hours later (1:10 a.m.) it started again. I finally took the bulbs out. Any suggestions?

Bookmark   December 3, 2008 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
newquilter
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
andreadeg
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
katlan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™