How do you get inspiration?

prisAugust 22, 2011

I have roman shades cut out to make for my kitchen and breakfast room windows and just cannot get inspired to get them finished. What do you do to kick start your projects when you get like this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherrmann

Happens to me all the time. Eventually, you'll get back to them. You'll have company, or you'll want to start another project but feel obligated to finish the shades first. Hang in there; the hardest part (for me, anyway) is getting back to the project, but when I finally do, I'm glad I did. You'll get there, don't worry.

Sherry

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 9:26AM
minnie_tx

I wish I knew my get up and go got up and went a long time ago

Bookmark   August 28, 2011 at 6:49PM
pris

lol, minnie,

Sherry is right, it does eventually come and you get the project finished. The only problem is, for me, it takes a long, long, long time. For instance. I started a pair of pillowcases (embroidery) in Jr Hi and didn't finish them 'til after ds2 was born. And again, I started two heirloom afghans in 1996 for my sisters and finished them last april. Inspiration is a long time coming for me. I just wish I could find something to kickstart my lazy *** that didn't take forever.

Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 3:43PM
monicatx

If the project is something I really need, then I won't let myself put it away. It can sit on a chair or table, but I won't let myself put it away.

If I don't need it and don't have a lot of money involved in the project, I just donate the pieces to someone -- or keep the fabric in my stash.

Life is too short to sweat the little stuff.

Bookmark   September 3, 2011 at 2:52AM
More Discussions
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
Merrygardener
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
Keeping the tredal cabinet, swapping the machine (does not fit)
We have an Eldredge treadle machine and it's rusty...
archangel2003
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
oval cape
I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL cape made of oatmeal sherpa...
mommalin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™