scrapbooking help needed

denise_gwOctober 30, 2001

Hi,

I want to make scrapbooks for my sisters, and would like to make the actual book too. What would you experts suggest for the cover?? Any ideas would be great. What kind of paper?? or cardboard?

Thanks

Denise

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toria416_aol_com

Denise,

I've never covered any of my books, but i know my local SB store sells material for covers. Such as a leopard skin and some furs.I would think you could cover it with any kind of material. A nice lavender satin would be pretty for a sister maybe pearls or beads glued on....... Just a idea
Viki

Bookmark   October 30, 2001 at 9:07PM
LYNN3521_aol_com

Here is one website that had a photo album covered with fabric that of course you could also use to cover a scrapbook.
Address: http://www.pioneerthinking.com/chphotoalbum.html

Below is a link to a website that had a fabric covered address book that I would think could easily be used for a scrapbook. Not sure these are what you wanted.
~Lynn~

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructions /Victorian Book Cover

Bookmark   November 11, 2001 at 7:06PM
look4angel_webtv_net

Okay here is a cheaper suggestion:
Go buy a 3 ring binder with a plastic clear cover where you can insert paper into the spline, front and back. Then you can find SB paper ( you'll have to use 12 x 12 paper cut to size for the covers as 8.5 x 11 paper is too small) to match her favorite color, subject, etc... I have done this with SEVERAL cookbooks, and on the spline, I have used alphabet stickers to spell their name, (ie - David's cookbook)
on a matching piece of paper decorated with stickers, and then decorated the front and back cover just like a scrapbook page. It looks best if the same color paper is used as a background for all three sides. I have made several of these for cookbooks and albums and love them more each time I make one. Yours could perhaps say "Sisters are Forever Best Friends" on the front or back. The "D" ring style works best and if you have a large amount of pages get at least a 3 inch one. This will not work though if you scrap in a 12 x 12 size format. You will pay approx. $6.00 for the album which is a great saving compared to many overpriced albums, leaving you more dollars for scraping. Love Penny

Bookmark   November 12, 2001 at 3:01PM
Lemondrop

thanks for all the help! Lots of ideas!

Bookmark   November 12, 2001 at 7:18PM
Hakki1234

great idea look4angel. Very Clever

Bookmark   November 13, 2001 at 1:46AM
More Discussions
How to correct a 15 year mistake
I have 15 PHOTO ALBUMS that I bought about 15 years...
sandra60102
How do I apply eyelets?
I need some help from you artistic and creative people....
caroline94535
newbie asking for help
Hi I am new to scrapbooking and would like any advise...
greeneyedcat
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
Cricut
Does anyone have the new Cricut system?
ngmnewlywed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™