new fonts

PurplemartinOctober 27, 2001

Just figured out how to download different fonts...now I can "really" have some fancy album pages....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tracymomof4

i love fonts i have almost 600 different ones

Bookmark   October 28, 2001 at 9:07AM
Purplemartin

Ha...I think I'm getting there...do you use them on your album pages? I was particularly looking for the ones with dots on the letters and I have found three different versions of that...I'm having a ball. I was afraid I was getting too many, but, hey...if you have six hundred, I'm doing all right. I love them, too. At our local scrapbook store, they sold sheets of sayings in different fonts...now I can make my own. I also found a site that had all kinds of sayings...so I'm going to be in business. The look of my albums has sure changed since I got my computer...I also make customized stickers for my pages. Our granddaughter recently had a birthday party and the theme was "Powerpuff Girls" I found lots of clipart for Powerpuff girls and used them on my pages....I just didn't know how to get differnt fonts...now I do.

Bookmark   October 28, 2001 at 10:22AM
Purplemartin

tracymomo4....about the fonts....do they come through on your e-mail? I've just been having a ball with this...then I got my bubble burst...they aren't going through on e-mail...they show up as plain text. All of my other fonts...that were on my computer to begin with work, but the downloaded ones don't. I can still use them in my albums and in letters, but I would like them in my e-mail also. And..this way, I will have to remember which ones I have downloaded when I do e-mail as they don't make it through on it....have you ever heard of this problem...and do yours work on your e-mail??

Bookmark   October 28, 2001 at 1:09PM
tracymomof4

i can use any of my fonts on my emails but some of em arent really suited to emails if you want i can send you a list showing which ones i have a lot of mine are just plain looking text that came with the puter i like fancy ones and the ones in shapes of things like my dh is a huge batman fan and i have one that the letters are in the shape of bats lol. someone told me that the average puter will hold up to a 1000 different fonts

Bookmark   October 29, 2001 at 7:37AM
rockinrobin1973_tbscc_com

Hi a lurker here. I just wanted to tell you that the reason some of your fonts show up as plain text to others in emails, is because they have to have the same font installed on their computer for them to see it. That is why you can send ones that came on your computer and they are seen. The ones you downloaded are probably ones that the people you are emailing don't have. HTH
Robin

Bookmark   October 29, 2001 at 8:46PM
Purplemartin

Tracymom...yes...I would like a list of your fonts

Robin...ah ha...that answers "that" question...so there is really no use in putting the downloaded fonts into e-mail as they won't come out the way you put them in. I guess I'll just be using them for my album pages...which is all right, too. I use full-sheet sticker paper and make my headlines and text for my pictures and then add clipart that I find that pertains to each picture. This eliminates buying a sheet of stickers and just using a few of them..

Bookmark   October 30, 2001 at 1:18AM
More Discussions
Need your creativity to help with school yearbook
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have done some scrapbooking...
bizzybee
How to correct a 15 year mistake
I have 15 PHOTO ALBUMS that I bought about 15 years...
sandra60102
A couple questions: reg. scrapping vs. digi scrapping AND free sw
Hi, I love making both digi books and the old-fashioned...
ejones66
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
Perforating Wheel
We received a homemade wedding invitation that had...
Carole
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™