What do you do for inspiration?

adellabedella_usaOctober 14, 2003

I have several pictures that I need to include in my scrapbooks. I have no idea what to do with them. Most of these pictures involve my kids playing around or just doing everyday mundane stuff. I can't figure out how to enhance my pages. Also I have pictures of my kids with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. I can't figure out what to do with them either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stephmc72

Have you wandered through a scrapbook store with your photos? I usually just get a list of what kind of pics I have and let the store itself be my inspiration. They have embellishments & stickers for all kinds of occasions. I dont have kids yet so I couldn't be of any specific help, but as an example, I'd get some park like/outdoors type stuff for pics of the kids playing outside. I'd get some family related stuff for relative pictures. Then on holidays, just get stuff specific to that holiday.

Do a search online for scrapbook layouts...there are tons of websites where people submit pics of their pages. They really help with ideas.

Good Luck.

Bookmark   October 17, 2003 at 3:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherryinmaryland

several good scrapbook magazines, i love simple scrapbooks. yes you can go to the store and spend money on embellishments, but you can easily make them for your pages as well. acrylic paints are safe in your albums, stencil images on your pages, make collages of different pictures same themes ie: just goofin around, use your markers! remember all those paper folding things we did as kids?? try those out as embellishments. i suppose i am just a cheap scrapper, but i love to work with what i have! if i use stickers, i use them sparingly, remember, it is the photo or the moment you are capturing!

Bookmark   November 2, 2003 at 9:26PM
More Discussions
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
A couple questions: reg. scrapping vs. digi scrapping AND free sw
Hi, I love making both digi books and the old-fashioned...
ejones66
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
Ideas/suggestions hosting party
I have a place with available table and chairs. I was...
ondrea_carina_leaf
wording for invitation help
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this...
txswetie
Sponsored Products
Custom Cordelia Upholstered Bed
Home Decorators Collection
TKO Womens Hot/Cold Therapy Belt with Removable Gel Packs - One Size Fits Most M
$16.99 | Hayneedle
Patton Prairie Bronze Finish One Light Vanity Fixture with Frosted Glass
$31.99 | Bellacor
Floral Blue Silhouette Bronze Balance Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Eastwood Leather Ottoman - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Home Decorators Area Rug: Brunswick Beige 7' 9" Round
Home Depot
Snowman Ornament
$5.99 | zulily
Garton Medallion Rug 8' x 10'