New Scrapper needs help!?!?!?

cathyOctober 18, 2001

I have just decided that I want to start scapping! My first question is which type of album do I get? I know a lady who has a home based business, her albums start at $38, which I thought was a little high! Are the albums that you purchase in the scrapebook stores good? Is there much difference? What type is the best, the 3 ring binder type, or the 3 holed screw type?? I have NO clue!!

I'm a little hesitant about getting started, I'm not creative at all, and would like to keep it simple!

About a year ago, I got into "stamping" and did lots and lots of cards, so I have a alot of the same materials (like punches, etc.) I would need to do the scrapbooks!

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreicated!!!

Thanks!

Cathy :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sostrosser_hotmail_com

Scrapbooking is awsome! It is my release once a month from my husband and two young kids. I personally love the home based business albums and that is all I will use. They are a little more pricey but are well worth it. THey look better and hold up better. and think of all the time and memories you are putting into them - aren't they worth it? I have heard many comments from those who have used home based business and tried the other albums and haven't been as happy with them. If its too expensive to start then just buy the refill pages and start with those first and buy the album on a month when you don't have as much to buy and insert the pages.

You don't have to buy every thing at once. Just pick up and adhesive of some sort, a black scrapbooking pen, some key colors of paper, stickers, and die cuts if you want them and go to it. It is the best thing I've ever done. I have done my wedding album and one of my sons first year albums. I love it!!!!

Bookmark   October 18, 2001 at 12:02PM
LYNN3521_aol_com

You can buy scrap books at WalMart's Michael's and I am sure many other stores.
~Lynn~

Bookmark   October 21, 2001 at 11:59PM
tracymomof4

i have been scrapping for almost 9 years and i just started album #59 when i first started CM was all that was available to me so that is what i used but since my divorce ~my ex made good money~ I cant afford those and have been using westrim post bound album ever since i get em at micheals and i love em if i had to choose between them and cm and if they were the same price i would chose westrim but that is my personal opinion

Bookmark   October 22, 2001 at 8:02AM
bevpresley

I began scrapbooking 16 years ago when my youngest child was born. It was very difficult to find papers, inks, decorations, everything. I began using books from Wal-mart and they have held up very well over the years. I make 7 family scrapbooks every year as Christmas gifts for my parents, inlaws and special family members. Even the first one I made is still almost like new.

Bookmark   October 22, 2001 at 11:54PM
More Discussions
Scrapbooking Kit for Boy's 1st Birthday
I have never scrapbooked before, but I would love to...
deltazinnia
Selling my Cricut
I need to sell my cricut, Where can I post this? its...
southerncrafter
Your Story Question
I just purchased the Yourstory machine to bind my cookbooks...
lawmar
Scrapbooking baby
Hi, I have 2 small children - aged 3 and 5. Instead...
c_steinbacher
What type of scrapbook do i need?
My son is a junior in high school. This summer I plan...
mrsgym
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™