Help me! I feel like an idiot!

nicksmumOctober 31, 2001

I am new to scrapbooking and became hooked after a friend took me to a crop at her favorite store. Anyway, at the crop, I purchased a 8 1/2 x 11 album, which was fine. Now, as I've taken some more classes, I've decided I wanted to work in a 12 x12 album. At the classes, I've competed pages on 12 x 12 cardstock, but when I purchased an album at the local craftstore, I can't seem to get these pages to fit quite right. Am I doing something wrong or are the pages not always exactly 12 x 12? Are some brands better than others? What the heck is the matter with me?! Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemartin

they're not always exactly 12 x 12...and there is a top and bottom...make sure you aren't getting them in sideways. If you do, they are a little too short and you have to trim a little off the sides in order for them to fit. I usually keep one sheet for a pattern and have the top marked...then I hold the sheet up to it to make sure I'm not getting it sideways...it's very frustrating to get the pictures all on a page and everything fastened down just to find out that it is all done sideways...been there, done that

Bookmark   October 31, 2001 at 6:49PM
AdellaBedella_usa_net

I use the 8 1/2x11 and have had the same problem. I don't like to redo my masterpieces so usually I end up trimming a little bit of the edges of my paper.

Bookmark   November 1, 2001 at 10:16AM
nicksmum22_yahoo_com

Thank you for your responses. I was in another scrapbooking store today and asked the owner about it. Turns out she sells the brand I have and when we took the page out to measure it, it was not quite 12x12 (so actually I am an idiot, becuase it did not occur to me to measure!) anyway, I am going to try to take it back--i don't have my receipt but the price tag is still on it. hopefully, crafts n stuff will understand.

Bookmark   November 1, 2001 at 11:32AM
look4angel_webtv_net

The pages that you have already completed on the 8 1/2 x 11 can easily be added to your 12 x 12 album by just mounting the whole completed 8.5 x 11 page onto a new 12 x 12 matching page, and adding a border or title to make up the difference. I know lots of scrappers who often buy 8.5 x 11 pages for their 12 x 12 albums because there are so many more differnt pages available in the 8 .5 x 11 size than their are in 12 x 12. Love Penny

Bookmark   November 12, 2001 at 3:26PM
More Discussions
Ideas/suggestions hosting party
I have a place with available table and chairs. I was...
ondrea_carina_leaf
Photo Refill Pages
I am hoping that you guys can help me with this problem...
cajelidi
Searching for a Grandemark Roller Die Cutting System
Hello :) I am looking for a Grandemark Roller Die cutting...
rachelaakmama
New to Scrapbooking and Need Some Help
I haven't actually started yet, but just gathering...
Karen10125
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
Sponsored Products
Round Blanca Table
Cost Plus World Market
Eastwood Leather Single Arm Chaise - Brighton Black Black
Joybird Furniture
Thomas Lighting Outdoor Lanterns. Covington Wall-Mount Outdoor Painted Bronze LE
Home Depot
Corso Oval Chandelier by Eurofase
$648.00 | Lumens
Maxim Rondo Nickel Finish Foyer Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Faux Leather Insulated Thermal 84-inch Curtain Pair
Overstock.com
Jim Entryway Wall Hook Shelf
$99.99 | zulily
Stella Crystal Frame - Christmas Decorations
$629.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™